The Rahi's Instructions

Does anyone have any idea where to find instructions for the Kanohi Dragon?

None have been made yet.

2 Likes

I don’t think mine is accurate enough to make instructions for it. It’s already a mix of Toa Vidal’s and Legend’s stud.io renders, with my ideas to make it as accurate as possible. But I’d wait for a more accurate one.

2 Likes

Hi. This is my last update on the Stud.io Kanohi Dragon. Most corrections are in the back of the head and the hips, though I think that the Lego worker that assembled this thing made a mistake in the hips, because I have the uncanny feeling that the red mata feet are not placed symmetrically next to the bohrok torsos, though I might be mistaken. Anyway this is the best I could handle for now.

By the way, is the Yari shrimp canon? I can’t find instructions for it, but I really like it.

3 Likes

The yari isn’t, it just won, but wasn’t in the category that’s price was to be in the book and become canon. And most of the models from that linked brickshelf gallery aren’t canon.

1 Like

Hi again, these are the most updated and accurate instructions for the Kanohi Dragon that I made so far, in collab with Matt-LinaNui and Surel-nuva who are building it irl. If you want to keep up with our progress be sure to follow this topic where we regularly publish new updates.

PD: Sorry for the misspelling in the last page.

5 Likes

Has anyone tried to build the rahi on the contest announcement in the lego magazine? The picture online is not really good quality so I bought the magazine and its helped see more stuff. Progress is slow, but I’ll keep going.

8 Likes

Maybe less official, but I found instructions for several Rahi from Quest for the Toa and The Legend of Mata Nui here

3 Likes

Oh, I’ve been using those for ages, I just totally forget to mention them.

Although, alternatively, there are instructions for them here too, but these may not be 100% correct, like the smaller fish. These were never updated after the renders and the alpha/beta of The Legends of Mata Nui were recovered, but still features the coastal crab (back then: Ussal variant, because everybody used to think they are ussals) build without cutting pieces.

3 Likes

I’m a bit late to this, but it looks like the bit the hoses above the arms attach to uses a pair of light grey axle pins (like the claws), rather than a single 6L axle.
I could be wrong, but that’s what it looks like to me.
It also looks like the horns are attached by dark grey 3/4 pins instead of light grey 1/2 pins.

2 Likes

TLROsborne has made instructions for the Forst Beetle.

6 Likes

I dedicated a topic for the video game/other media rahi. For now, it contains “Quest for the Toa”, “Legend of Mata Nui”, and MNOG rahis. Maze of shadow and Bionicle Heroes will probably complete this list sooner or later.

2 Likes

Because this instructions on Brickshelf is outdated, and was already just a recreation of the image from the Rahi Beasts book and the promo image from the BrickMaster Magazine. It was never official, neither from the source. The newer recreation are more faithful to the models shown here and here.

3 Likes

I recently restarted my work on replicating the Fader Bull, and I notice that the breakdown photos currently linked here are very wrong. Obviously there’s always going to be a bit of uncertainty in replicating these old models, but this version has completely replaced some build techniques that are clearly visible in the single photo we have of the official model.

3 Likes

The Kanohi Dragon Instructions

Made by Kanohi-Long

5 Likes

Hey. Sorry if this is a really dumb question, but how do I actually open the instructions on Deviantart? I’ve clicked and checked everything on the page, but I can only view the header image. Clicking the left/right arrows on said image leads to the next entries in the album. Where do I click to open the instructions, or do I need an account to view them?
Again, sorry for this stupid question but I’ve never used that website before and spent way too long now trying to find the instructions… :neutral_face:

3 Likes

The main post should be a scrollable pdf:

What type of device are you using?

4 Likes

Hmmm, ok. I’m on a tablet and that doesn’t seem to work, neither on mobile or desktop view mode. But thatnks for the tip, I’ll try it on my PC later!

4 Likes

Hey there! I’m the one who tried to replicate the fader bull around 4 years ago… It’s been a while since I’ve gotten back to updating my personal rahi collection but I’m just about to get back to it again and have been looking for instructions n stuff.

Kinda interested to know which stuff you think I completely botched with this guy? I do admit that there are a bit of creative liberties on some parts since there’s literally only one pic (from the book) but am genuinely confused as to which clear parts I missed?

2 Likes

Welcome to the Boards.

I’d like to know too, since it looks pretty much identical to the one image, at least to me. I can’t see any area that’s obviously incorrectly constructed.

2 Likes