The Rahkshi weapons

This is some ideas I have for the Rahkshi’s weapons. (Edit: now with images from @Oomatu)

Turahk:

Staff of the Brotherhood: A staff given to Norik when he became the Brotherhood’s leader and still uses after having become Turahk. While ceremonial in usage, it is still sturdy enough to be used as a weapon.

Nightmare dust: A strange form of red dust, believed to be spores from an unknown type of fungus. When inhaled, these spores will cause the victim to suffer horrific hallucinations for a period.

Crossbow: Turahk’s second weapon for when he rides his pet, Nirahk.

Guurahk:

Whips of Erosion: Gaaki’s main weapons after becoming Guurahk. While their usefulness is only active above water, they are still a dangerous weapon. When the whips hit an opponent, their skin will start to dissolve.

Bow of Acids: Guurahk’s second weapon on both water and land. The bow creates arrows that slowly dissolves the victim’s body. When fired up into the clouds, the bolt will make it rain acid.

Kurahk:

Pick of Rage: Kualus main weapon after becoming Kurahk. While looking like a pickaxe, whoever receives just a small cut from it will slowly be filled with as much anger as Kurahk himself. The perfect weapon in making allies fight one another.

Greatsword of Wrath: Kurahk’s second weapon. This massive blade may be the most dangerous in the hands of someone like Kurahk. With its size, his strength and fueled by his anger. The greatsword will cut down any would be hero down to size.

Vorahk:

Spears of Hunger: Bomonga’s main weapons after becoming Vorahk. These two spears can drain a victim of their life force when impaled by them, thus giving Vorahk both their wisdom and their strength. However, the spears need to still be in contact with the victim’s body until the light in them is gone. If not, then the life force will be returned to them.

Hammer of the Brotherhood: Vorahk’s second weapon. A giant, steel hammer, given to him by the brotherhood. The hammer is so large and heavy that only the strongest on the island would have a chance to lift it. There are just two beings who fit that description, Vorahk and Onua.

Lerahk:

Daggers of Poison: Iruini’s main weapons after becoming Lerahk. These knives, filled with a lethal poison whose cure is hard to come by, are possibly one of the most dangerous weapons made by the Brotherhood. Lerahk needed to get his armor better protected so he would not cut himself by accident.

Toxic crossbow: Lerahk’s second weapon. This specially made crossbow fires arrows filled with a hallucinogenic toxin. However, it’s bulky design makes aiming a bit tricky.

Panrahk:

Gauntlets of Mirages: Pouks weapons after becoming Panrahk. These gauntlets allow him to create illusions to trick his enemies.

Whip of Sounds: While an odd weapon for someone like Panrahk, it’s effectiveness is unquestioned. With this whip, Panrahk can control the wildlife that lives underneath the dunes of his homeland.

I hope these ideas are ok. I would also like to see other’s ideas for Rahkshi weapons.

18 Likes

Dude, these are some fantastic weapon ideas! I’d live to see some art of them! Hey, if you’re not artsy I’m up for the job (with your permission, of course)
My only criticism would be to, instead of making Lerahk’s weapon bulky, just say unwieldy or unorthodox design. I like the ‘nerf’ because if it was easy to aim it would be OPAF but ‘bulky’ doesn’t quite fit Lerahk. Meh, just imo. :stuck_out_tongue:

I like these ideas, but a question as to how these weapons are imbued with these supernatural powers has arisen.

1 Like

Well i am thinking of commissioning Oomatu to draw this, but you have my permission to do so if you wish. Plus the Rahkshi’s main weapons are based on Oomatu’s designs of them:

Also the “bulky” part of the toxic crossbow, is actually meant to refrence the look of Aaron’s crossbow piece:

Which is what i was thinking would be used for both Lerahk and Panrahk’s crossbows. Turahk would just use the classic crossbow piece.

2 Likes

Panrahk’s crossbow should be a whip. Not only does it match the scorpion tail, but cracking it will give the sound attack.

And to the comment about weapons with the powers, I’d say it’s just them flowing their power into it like the Toa do with their elements. That is just the effect their “element” has when channeled through the tool.

2 Likes

mmm maybe.

and yeah, the idea of the rahkshi’s power flowing into the weapons is a good description. See originally as i was writing about Kurahk’s Pick of Rage, i was trying to indicate that the victim was infected with Kurahk’s anger. It would sort of be like the Hate Plague from Transformers. Everyone who gets in contact with the one infected would be infected themself.

1 Like

Oh, right. I might still draw the if I get some time, I’ve been a little stuck recently. Thx for the permission btw. Looking at Aaron’s Crossbow, it makes more sense. I had this massive, Chima size Crossbow design in my head.

2 Likes

“I like it!”-eljaybot

1 Like

I really, really like these weapons, how they have the Rahkshi’s old powers inside of them (save Panrahk). However, I’ve noticed three of the Rahkshi are able to create illusions and hallucinations. Perhaps some differentiation is needed. For example, Turahk makes you see your worst fear with his gas, and it affects anyone who breathes it in differently. Like Scarecrow or Scarlett Witch from the DC and Marvel movies. And then Panrahk can make illusions that will either confuse enemies or make them prefer the mirage over reality, but he can only do this to one enemy at a time. And then Lerahk’s could be more like a fever toxin, that really just makes the target sick to the point of strange hallucinations. Just a couple of ideas, I won’t get offended if you don’t like them.

1 Like

actually all three illusion and hallucination abilities are different from Rahkshi to Rahkshi. Turahk’s is based on fear as i wrote: “When inhaled, these spores will cause the victim to suffer horrific hallucinations for a period”. It basicly means that it causes the victim to suffer their worse fear.

Lerahk’s is more like getting high on drugs. The hallucinations are random and will never be the same for everyone.

Panrahk’s is the only illusion ability that is controlled by one of the rahkshi, he choses what others will see.

Okay, that would make since.

1 Like

here are the Weapons drawn by @Oomatu:

5 Likes

Ooh. Very cool.

1 Like

Those are awesome!

1 Like