The Relationship Topic

I don’t necessarily think that’s a deal breaker in context. Everyone has their hobbies, and as long as those hobbies don’t bring you to financial ruin that shouldn’t be an issue (I’m more inclined to think a significant other would be more considered with building with LEGO means less time you can spend with her.)

That is a concern that I’ve felt as I’ve evaluated what I want in a relationship, and I’m thinking that the perceived cost is larger than it actually is. I’m not an absolute extrovert, and realistically I don’t think spending time with a significant other at every opportunity, and being romantic about it the whole time, is a feasible expectation. My parents have been happily married for over a quarter of a century, and they certainly don’t spend all their time with one another - they’re content to talk to each other at meals and before bedtime most days. (Granted, they probably spent a lot more time together in a romantic context before I came along and stole their attention.)

3 Likes

my man going full shockwave on us out here
yeah i’m a child my input is valueless

1 Like

yeah saaaaaaaaaaaame

except they usually also gag
and it’s not exclusive to women

POV ur reading your very real son’s post and trying not to tell him you’re proud of him for being based and epic

5 Likes

dad are you proud of me by 0.00131% more??

3 Likes

1 Like

Not sure if this is sarcasm or not but it probably is. If women are gagging at you it’s because you come across as a push over. You have to treat them like dirt when they are disrespecting you!

2 Likes

Or… And hear me out here, you stop wasting your time, stop talking to that person.

Bonus points for not looking like a creep as well

4 Likes

But looking like a creep is one of my defining charms.

9 Likes

can confirm

3 Likes

This is precisely what I meant when I said to treat them like dirt! I think we’re on the same page here.

1 Like

All I want is a girl who greets me the same way my dog does:

disinterested apathy

5 Likes

all I want is a woman who knows how to operate a TAKRAF Overburden Conveyor Bridge F60 and drives a BMW Individual M760Li xDrive Model V12 Excellence THE NEXT 100 YEARS

4 Likes

Mention your appreciation of Bionicle to a woman. If she doesn’t respond in disgust, she’s the one. It’s failproof.

6 Likes

The Chosen One

1 Like

Somehow I’m married, dunno how that happened

6 Likes

Whaaaat?! I had absolutely no idea. What a completely unexpected revelation.

I all seriousness though, congrats!

4 Likes

Love wif

2 Likes

I am only interested if they can offer proof that they own 1) a TOG II* heavy tank, 2) an F-35 with full armaments, and 3) a working lightsaber. And if they sign a waiver that makes them responsible for any property damage resulting from use of the tank.

2 Likes

wouldn’t you know, nothing has changed :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve gotten engaged to a microbiologist. I am now one step closer to ensuring the downfall of humanity.

17 Likes