The Relationship Topic

That is all I would ask of you. Ultimately I want you both to be happy, but as someone who has been in both of your shoes, I understand both perspectives and the issues that crop up for both belief systems in this scenario.

1 Like

Iā€™m in a similar situation with the girl Iā€™m interested in, except instead of different religions or one of us not being religious, weā€™re members of the same religion but different denominations. The differences arenā€™t huge though, except one that wouldnā€™t rly affect a relationship

1 Like

This shouldnā€™t be too bad, if the differences really are as minor as you say. I think the largest issue you could face is one of you believing in free will, and the other predestination, as both beliefs carry over into major theological differences. I would say that if you can both be supportive of each otherā€™s differences and realise that because weā€™re all human and prone to mistakes or logical hiccups, none of us will ever be 100% right in what we believe. Neither will any institution. Understanding this and exploring how your theology and her theology developed historically could be the key to ensuring the relationship between the two of you could become something beautiful.

To sum it up: tolerance, understanding, and love are the keys to every relationship.

3 Likes

Dang that was great to hear thank you brother. If the staff doesnā€™t mind, the disagreement is over whether you can lose salvation once youā€™ve recurved (Iā€™m southern baptist and sheā€™s church of God I believe. Itā€™s not in the church title so idk)

I can see that one being a bit of a troublesome issue later on in a relationship, Iā€™ll pm you and we can continue this there.

1 Like

Ok thanks

Man, now I want some eggs.

(Itā€™s ā€œequally yokedā€, btw.)

Reminds me of the girl I mentioned from last summer.

Oh. Iā€™m seeing her again in a week. This is going to be fun.

Without delving too much into religious discussion - in my last two crush scenarios (youā€™ll find them further in the topic), I held back from making a move because I didnā€™t know what either of them really believed on that front. If they didnā€™t, I wouldnā€™t have wanted to pursue a relationship. I can imagine that, if she does harbor feelings for you, she might have the same dilemma.

If possible, Iā€™d suggest that - if you reach the point where you feel like explaining your feelings toward her - youā€™re prepared to iron out those religious differences, and be prepared if she decides those differences mean you canā€™t be together.

3 Likes

Might as well elaborate for yaā€™lls entertainment.
(Iā€™m from Texas so Iā€™m legally allowed to say yaā€™ll)

So she went to that camp I was at last summer. Didnā€™t think much about it because the olā€™ Head was in the clouds (Iā€™m sure you know how that worked out :gregf: ) but yeah, so she left camp last year with a boyfriend (that looked like a rat I might add) and they broke up a while ago, from what her best friend told me, due to not being able to see each other often enough (from his point of view). Anyways, the Insta works its magic, a comment here, a comment there, a funny story, and a DM slide, and bang we are in business.
Side note she called me silly goose (?) yesterday so thatā€™s gotta be good amiright.

1 Like

So you like her or itā€™s a mutual thing

I think itā€™s mutual but neither of us have said it yet

1 Like

Oh ok

OK, Iā€™m not sure if I have brought this up, but I am currently seeing someone long distance. 3000km might I add, while Iā€™m away for the summer, sometimes just texting it feels like sheā€™s losing interest, thoughts?

Also, Iā€™ve been away for about as long a time as I was home while we were together, and Iā€™m not sure where weā€™re at with it. Iā€™m just a little lost mah dudes

2 Likes

Is it only long distance while youā€™re away?

I just got out of a long distance thing a month or so ago. There were several points where I thought she was losing interest. Itā€™s really hard to tell

Yeah, but Iā€™m going to be gone for months

From my experience, girls lose interest very easily. If sheā€™s not super into it, leave it be. Youā€™re better off not worrying about someone who no longer likes you.
Hopefully she does still like you though.

2 Likes

Do you videochat? That might help.

Arenā€™t mixed messages fun. She seemingly told her friend that I like her and I canā€™t tell what that means

Now it depends of her friends.

1 Like

Well idk much but ik a lot more ppl will probably find out based on the friend