The Self-Moc Mission

ah i see, sorry for asking!

4 Likes

Okay. That’s fine. Also, good job on all the mocs you’ve done so far.

4 Likes

hey monopoly can you do mine?

4 Likes

Have you posted it?

6 Likes

Who is your self moc

6 Likes

she’s still abit wip

9 Likes

Holy crap. This thing looks wicked!

8 Likes

Does it have hip mobility?

3 Likes

not much.

4 Likes

time to get back to reviewing these :gregf:

Batch 3

Barafu is… Well, a fairly simple CCBS-heavy frame with armor. Uses the Av-Matoran limb from Takanuva Stars, which gives the calves more prominence, but that’s about it. Also the arms feel short for some reason even though they technically line up correctly.

ProfSrlojohn is a significant visual upgrade compared to the original, mostly by making things much less complicated and thereby getting rid of all the clutter. The flipping feature, while it does look clunky, is quite novel in its execution.

Korrix’s original form is rather… Strange, in terms of the aesthetic being presented, with a lot of conflicting visual styles. The decision to abandon everything that didn’t emphasize a slim, tall figure was for the best, as the lanky end result is a unique aesthetic when done intentionally.

Tohru has a similar problem to ProfSrlojohn, in that there’s simply too much noise. By limiting some of the visual distractions the base concept of the figure is able to be refined, providing a much cleaner, albeit significantly simpler, model that’s easier to read.

Tumeke’s shaping almost works, but the small gaps in the upper torso make the bulk of the lower torso stand out, not to mention the very thin waist he has. But overall, reducing the bulk of the upper arms and changing the shoulder slope worked in its favor.

Dadertrix’s self moc is a very unique visual experience, and it’s kind of a shame that direction was not taken any further with the remake, making things entirely CCBS and swapping the black armor for silver and gunmetal. Probably my least favorite out of the group.

Welp, that’s it for my thoughts on batch 3, more than a year and a half late. Batch 4’s thoughts will be a lot sooner than that, lol.

8 Likes

ah yes, the Ghid review

I’ve been waiting for this

4 Likes

Let me know if you want any advice for mocing.

Here’s the update pictures on my self-moc.

Edited for Double Post - BioKnight

3 Likes

There’s no rush but if you ever have the time I’d be very curious as to how you could adapt Jack Houston

15 Likes

Now that is a self-MOC worth being proud of. Absolutely amazing work with the jacket and Galidor legs.

5 Likes

That’s a sick looking MOC, did you use one of those Scala clothing pieces for the jacket?

3 Likes

Don’t worry, I didn’t make a MOC that represents me either. Just a character I wanted to see in the Bionicle Universe.

2 Likes

What great idea. I know I have kopaka nuva mask as my picture here but I’ve been actually working on a self moc of my own recently it’s a black dragon moc almost finished. But I also have this red dragon moc that uses a ninja go head that I kinda connect with more so I don’t know?

2 Likes

wait
this used to be someone else, yeah?
am i just going crazy or did this used to be someone else

7 Likes

Self-Moc: Toa Yahru please

3 Likes

oh gosh it’s been over a year since I even thought about this

uhhh

batch 7 coming at some point maybe

8 Likes