The Self-Moc Mission

I think that’s because you need a Rebrickable account to access it.

Here’s some screenshots:

5 Likes

Thanks!

3 Likes

May I say you’re a madman for attempting this.

Mad respect tho

5 Likes

Those parts are included in the biopack right here. It has alot of parts that aren’t in studio right now.

Also can you add my self moc onto the queue please?

2 Likes

wow

with yours i think it’s twelve

4 Likes

I’d like to add my Self-MOC to the list (who’s now named Tumeke, since I finally came up with a better name for him).

2 Likes

Huh, maybe I should actually make a self-MOC after all this time. Lots of cool stuff here.

6 Likes

That reminds me:

I own almost every mask/helmet included in regular retail sets aside from the ones included with the larger Rahi and the gold Ignika, but I have a much less impressive selection of Kanohi-pack masks. So, in the case that I don’t have your character’s mask I will
A. Choose the same mask in a different colour that still matches the model
B. Choose a visually similar mask
C. Choose the mask of a prior version of the moc if it differs and I have the alternate piece
D. Create a new mask from scratch that shares similarities with the original

In this case, I don’t have a blue Kakama, so I’ll either use a blue Pakari or make something from scratch (or you could recommend an alternate mask, if you can think of one).

For reference, my Kanohi-pack collection is:

Red Kaukau
2x Red Miru
Black Kaukau
Black Akaku
Blue Pakari
White Kakama
Silver Hau
Silver Akaku
Gold Pakari
Yellow Kaukau
Orange Mahiki
Orange Matatu
Dark grey Matatu
Dark grey Komau
Light grey Ruru
Lime Rau
Lime Ruru
Lime Komau
White Kakama Nuva
Black Hau Nuva
Black Akaku Nuva

6 Likes

I mean, I use a 3d printed mask now, but used to use the black noble huna from muaka and kane-ra

1 Like

The blue Pakari would definitely work as a placeholder, so I’d go with that.

1 Like

I would like to throw my oldie coldie Barafu into this exciting opportunity. Great job already btw!!

3 Likes

Question, maybe random, but you had an older SelfMOC with a black Great Huna, right?

3 Likes

I believe in noble huna superiority

2 Likes

Oh man! Good Ol’ Captain Oerstus, Toa of Magnetism. Yeah he was my transitional Self-Moc for a time. I like to think he represented my time sailing as a Merchant Marine. Them days is long past. Barafu and Best-Color-Akaku is now! That being said, I’ll scrounge up a few pics of the salty Captain… if I can find them anymore.

These are the best I’ve got since MOCpages went the way of the Dodo. Sorry folks.

EDITED FOR DOUBLE POST - Spiderus Prime

8 Likes

It’s always great to see self-MOCs being celebrated and recreated like this. Reminds me of the old days.

Edit: Just fyi if you put the entries in the main post in reverse order, the image of the most recent MOC becomes the thumbnail people see, because the messageboards always uses the first image in a post. That’s what I do with the chibi self-MOC project.

14 Likes

Yes but then Ghid won’t be the star anymore

13 Likes

Alright, Batch 2 is done. Let’s see who’s here.

1. @Zero

Zero was an interesting case because the closest he’s ever gotten to an actual self-moc was a WIP from 2016. I based this model off of that unfinished one, so he comes equipped with shoulder-mounted rifles, glow-in-the-dark armour pieces and a random arm-mounted sword. Admittedly, the original had a dark green head, but Zero has described it as being a “bulked-up Lerahk”, so I went the whole way and just slapped Lerahk’s entire spine section on top.

1. Renner by @NOTaHFfan

Renner was a fairly quick build, save for the lower limbs. Super-greebly isn’t usually my style, so I had to experiment a bit to get the detail right.

1. Artillery by @N01InParticular

Artillery took a while to get right, and I’m still not entirely satisfied with the end result. I originally tried to use the Black Pearl’s sails to make his coat, but I ended up having to cut a custom one for him. Getting the epaulettes attached was equally difficult, until I managed to use one of those 1x5 things with an axle hole in the centre.

1. @Sonus

I’m not too proud of this one. The main problem was that, if I’m being honest, the original build was really generic: A sorta lanky silver dude with an Avohkii and a giant sword. I went with the giant sword and tried to go for a knight aesthetic by using some KKII armour pieces, but the build is super simple and not that impressive. I just couldn’t think of anything to do with the concept. Maybe I’ll go back and redo him later, but here he is for now.

1. Jethryn by @Hawkflight

Jethryn was another fairly quick one, but the hood gave me a lot of trouble. The original uses a Furno XL cape for the hood, but I’d already used that as Hunter’s waistcape. I tried using some other capes, but they were all too wide and ended up making him look like his shoulders were wider than he was tall. Like Artillery, I eventually just cut a custom hood for him.

1. @Cordax

Cordax, surprisingly, took quite a while to get right. My main goal was to make him as small as physically possible, so I engineered an entirely custom build for him based around a Vahki waist piece. The final model unfortunately leaves him with no eyes, but it was a worthwhile compromise in order to capture his diminutive size.

Original models for comparison

Batch 3 will be:
Dadertrix
ProfSrlojohn
The_Blue_Panda
SomeBionicleFan23
TheCobaltCorsair
Barafu

28 Likes

Oh.

That was fast.

I’m dying.

9 Likes

I will always cherish metru build Hornet Artillery.
I especially like how you managed the mask.
10/10

Also you somehow made cordax even smaller so props for that as well.

5 Likes

These are all great. Love tiny Cordax.

6 Likes