The Self-Moc Mission

well, this is true.

2 Likes

Keep in mind that I’ve got to work on this as well as this year’s Secret Santa. That’s got a deadline, so I’m focusing most of my time into that at the moment. I did the timing schedule before I entered the Secret Santa, so it’s somewhat inaccurate now. I highly doubt batch 4 will be released this year, but certainly very early next year at the latest.

12 Likes

that is also true
ok, nice

2 Likes

I was originally going to wait until I’d finished Batch 4, but it’s been too long already and I’ve got half the batch ready to go. Consider this Batch 3.5.

1. Partuka by @Stuubh

A fairly simple downscaling and simplifying of the original Moc. I only have one Meltdown tank, so I had to create some new tanks for his shoulders out of system parts and some Mistika jet engines.

1. Warlok by @FuzzMuffins

Warlok was another fairly easy build; I took an incomplete Nuhvok, switched the eyes out and heavily bulked it up. The original Moc used 6-shooters for the guns, but I felt the Skyblasters looked more powerful. An unintentional side-effect of covering the launchers with a 3.0 paw piece is that it looks like he’s carrying them around little stubby hands, which I found rather endearing.

1. Racee by @Racie02

Easily the trickiest build so far, mostly due to how scarce the selection of brown constraction pieces is. While most of the Mocs in this project take complex builds and simplify them into smaller, mostly CCBS creations, Racee goes the opposite way and turns a fairly simple CCBS design into an almost fully G1 model. Racee is a Glatorian, who are mostly organic, so I tried to mainly use smoother parts in the torso and upper limbs. The lower limbs were the most complex part of the original Moc, so I imagined them as where all her robotic parts are. Maybe it helps her run faster or something.

Original models for comparison

I’m still working on the rest of Batch 4, but I just though I’d post these now since it’s been so long since the last update.

The rest of Batch 4 is still:
@Timeline15
@Toa_Good_Guy
@TLROsborne171

21 Likes

yay glad this is still alive
Can you do my self moc sometime:
rukah
If you need more angles check my wip/moc topic

3 Likes

Added to the queue. So far Batch 5 is just going to be you and Winger, so if anyone else wants their self-Moc done early, nominate yourself now, otherwise I’ll just start choosing random self-Mocs from the community like Batch 1.

2 Likes

Me pls
Mr Zork

6 Likes

Who is Winger’s self-moc? I’m having trouble finding it

3 Likes

Also, @Monopoly, I just realized that I never commented on this topic. (I often don’t comment on the topics I like the most) Your design/building skills and generosity is commendable, to say the absolute least. Excellent work with all of these! :smiley:

If only I had a self-moc to share…

4 Likes

Ah yes thank you

Well, have you ever thought of making one?

2 Likes

you’re welcome

You already know my response to this Zukah :dizzy_face:

4 Likes

An embarassment.

4 Likes

thanks.

hmmmm?

2 Likes

As was mentioned by someone or other - 'tis a garbage mess. There’s not cohesion in texture or coloring, and the actual construction is just a brick of technic, no elegance or finesse.

3 Likes

can you do mine again \s

3 Likes

Out of this half of a batch I have to say Racie is probably my favorite design. I do love how adorable those little hands on Warlok look though. Awesome job!

4 Likes

Great revamps, I think that Partuka is my favourite!

3 Likes

Wow, I love this new batch!

Partuka is extremely sleek, I kind of prefer that to the complexity of the original.

Warlok is a nice reimagining, although I think that it could use different lighting. Right now I can barely distinguish any individual black pieces and the bohrok eyes are basically invisible.

And that Racee is just… wow! I adore MOCs with good shaping and this is exactly that. Easily one of my favourites from this entire project thus far.
My only gripe is that those open technic connectors on the lower legs don’t look that good. But that’s not that big of a deal compared to how amazing the rest of the MOC is.

7 Likes

This should be a bit easier to see.

8 Likes

That looks like a heavy ordnance bohrok.

3 Likes