The Self-Moc Mission

ahem.

No.

also I don’t think it counts since horrior is kind of not exist but if it does I want to see it happen

2 Likes

Yeah, my suggestion s are certainly not for the 2nd or even 3rd series, just some really unique Mocs that need shout outs.

Chibi as in not anime related and a small Moc, only the size of Botar…

4 Likes

I get that
monopoly has to build it full scale or he’s a fake fan

2 Likes

Since monopoly built cordax’s MOC even smaller and chibi-er than the original, shouldn’t horrior be even bigger and more elaborate? :thinking:

5 Likes

Yes

3 Likes

No problem man. I don’t expect that many mocs to be done in such a short amount of time and its best not to rush anyways. You’ve done great so far!

5 Likes

Alright, I’m going away for a couple of weeks or so, so don’t expect much activity here.

I’ll just quickly post the two I’ve completed now, being @Barafu and @ProfSrlojohn. I’ll take better pictures once I get back, as well as a better look at the function I put on ProfSrloJohn.

15 Likes

OOO!! M’dude this is great. Thank you so much!

1 Like

You have impeccable timing X’D
MOC Spotlight Challenge: Self-MOC! - Creative Content / Lego Creations - The TTV Message Boards (ttvchannel.com)

2 Likes

Uh, since this is Monopoly’s MOC I don’t think Barafu could use it as an entry since, y’know, it’s not his. Also the hyperlink leads to the sixth post

3 Likes

oop, fixed it X’D
thank

Had no intention to submit someone else’s work. That being said… I’ve greenlit Barafu V.2.

1 Like

Awesome mocs, can’t wait to see the rest of them!

2 Likes

Agreed, these are so fun!

2 Likes

6 Likes

Awesome! :clap:

1 Like

Alright, Batch 3 is finally here. We’ll start with a closer look at the two I’ve already revealed.

1. @Barafu

Barafu was the first Moc I built for this batch, and was also one of the easiest. The actual build process didn’t take long at all, but finding the pieces took quite a while. I have two Jango Fetts, yet it still took me ages to find any of my sand blue CCBS shells. Barafu is also the first Moc of this project to feature shoulder articulation.

1. @ProfSrlojohn

Another fairly simple one. I began by beefing up his chainsaw arm, inadvertently creating a feature in which all of the blades spin by turning a single knob on the side.

I could’ve stopped there, but once I built his head I found that it looked like a really cool monster head from the top, mostly due to the Rahkshi head’s teeth, so I created a transformation function from there. Now ProfSrlojohn can turn from a regular dude with a chainsaw arm to an alien monster thing with a chainsaw arm! It’s a bit more complex than just flipping the head around, though, you also completely unfold his legs and flip around some cannons on his shoulders. This transformation also reveals the previously hidden neon green spikes all over him.

1. Korrix by @SomeBionicleFan23

Korrix was the first Moc to bear a 3D-printed mask, and therefore also the first to receive a substitute mask. Korrix’s Matoran form wears an Akaku, so I gave him one here as well. Other than that he’s a fairly simple one, being a Metru build just like the original Moc.

1. Tohru by @The_Blue_Panda

Tohru shouldn’t have taken as long as he did, but, as you know, I had a lot of trouble locating his mask. Once I did find it, however, things picked up again and I was able to complete him rather quickly. I’ve always been a fan of Tohru’s original design, so it was basically a matter of downsizing him to fit the scale of the others. This Tohru also sports a black cloak rather than a white one, but The_Blue_Panda has stated several times that it should be black but he just doesn’t have the appropriate cape pieces, even going as far as photoshopping the white tissue black.

1. Tumeke by @TheCobaltCorsair

Tumeke was another build that required a replacement mask, since I don’t have a blue Kakama, instead wearing a blue Pakari. He, like the others, didn’t take too long to make, with the lower torso easily taking the longest.

1. Self Moc by @Dadertrix

This guy marks the first Moc in this project to not actually have a name. Regrettably, I based him off an earlier version of the Moc which had a jetpack, not realising there was a more recent version without the jetpack and featuring a large cannon arm instead. I’d already finished the model by the time I realised, so unfortunately this one is based on an outdated design.

Aside from that, his original version bore another 3D-printed mask; a movie-style Kiril. I’ve always thought the Kiril to look a bit like a skull, so I went with that and used Hydraxon’s face instead. The jetpack on the original was really flat and wide, with the engines placed absurdly close together, so I overhauled the entire design to just two large boosters protruding from his back. He’s a bit more simplistic than most, comprised almost entirely of CCBS, but I couldn’t really think of that much to do with him.

Original models for comparison

So that does it for Batch 3. This is usually the place where I’d nominate the next batch, but I’ve got an important announcement to make first.

ANNOUNCEMENT

I said early on that I’d keep every Moc assembled and that there’d be a big group shot at the end, but… I don’t think that’s gonna be able to happen. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve got a lot of parts, but I haven’t got infinite parts. Some of you may have noticed that a lot of these Mocs use the Uniter torso, and that’s because a lot of these models share the same torso frame, a frame which I can’t really replicate any more since running out of parts. It’s not just the torsos either; I’ve found myself running low on ball joints, armour add-ons, even eyestalks on occasion. I know a lot of you were looking forward to the group shot, but it unfortunately isn’t possible. I’ll still make Mocs for everyone, I just won’t keep them built after. Sorry to anyone who was anticipating this.

With that out of the way, Batch 4 will be:
@Timeline15
@Toa_Good_Guy
@TLROsborne171
@FuzzMuffins
@Racie02
@Stuubh

32 Likes

Nice! They all look pretty good.
I’d like my self moc done too but I haven’t finished him yet. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Excellent job with all of Batch 3! I like how you simplified Barafu’s build but still kept the aesthetic.

3 Likes

I’d love to see what you can do with my self MOC. It’s been a few years since I updated it last…

Here’s the best picture I got!

4 Likes