The Star Wars Battlefront Topic

Salvates even more intensely :smiley:

Meh, I thought it was okay (the central CP was a meat grinder though)

I actually really love this map. Itā€™s one of the easiest to go on 50+ (of 150) kills with 0 death sprees, mostly due to the abundance of cover.

A plaza like we saw in the 2D microseries would be absolutely epic (with ship-to-ground combat!)

Kashyyyk in BFII was fairly fun (I absolutely adore using the Republic/Imp Fighter Tank on that map). But the platforms on the BFI map were a joy to snipe from. :smiley:

Not being able to see clearly was actually my biggest gripe with maps like Felucia and Dagobah. But on next-gen consoles it could work.

4 Likes

What types of classes and/or scenarios would you guys like to see?

Personally, Iā€™d like to see a recreation of the scene from the 03 miniseries, where theyā€™re fighting in that city when Dirge and the assassin droids on speeders start lancing the clones. And maybe the clones on lances aswell. Yeah! Iā€™d like to see a lancing battle!

ā€¦Or maybe we can just go with a BF version of the situation where the jedi are stranded in that crashed Republic cruiser, Grevious is killing them, and then the ARC troopers are fighting Grevious and/or droids while saving the jedi

As for troops, maybe the ARC troopers(instead of them just being the guys with RPGā€™s), Scuba troopers and underwater droids, Original(robot) Dark Troopers, Clone Commandos, basically all Clone/Storm trooper and/or CiS droid types. Not particular about the rebels though

2 Likes

Jousting? Mehā€¦

More objective-based modes would be really awesome. I love replaying some of the BFII campaign missions for this reason.

3 Likes

Star Wars: Battlefront II is, in my opinion, the greatest game ever.

Favorite map: Probably would have to go with Mustafar or Kashyyyk.

Favorite class: Just the standard 501st clone (phase 1 clone for Geonosis), Super Battle Droid, Stormtrooper, and Rebel due to their versatility.

Awesome memory: As a heavy trooper, on Utapau, I threw a landmine in front of an AAT. When the AAT hovered above the landmine, it asploded, but I was unfortunately in range.

Thoughts on 2015 Battlefront: The Hype Gunship has no landing gear!

7 Likes

Clone Troopers FTW! Also, you ever got the Award Weapons? An Infantry is pretty much unstoppable.

Heavy Rebel Trooper on Hoth + Friendly Fire off = much AT-AT death. :smile:

6 Likes

My favorite memoryā€¦ oh my gosh alright

So, I had turned the AI up all the way (Which usually results in a loss if youā€™re not good) and I was playing on Mustafar. My stormtrooper buddies were dying one by one, until it was me and 1 more reinforcement. I made sure to hide the last guy in a place he would never be found (There are some crates you can get them to jump behind if you use the commands properly.) and I ran off. I was a standard trooper, armor still resembling the shiny whites of my old days as a shiny. I knew what I had to do. I donā€™t quite remember the number, but there was at least a good 50-60 rebels left. I lead a one-man killing spree, ducking and dodging, hiding around corners and being probably the most accurate shot in the Empire. I was a beast. Unfortunately, I had almost ran out of health and ammo by the time it was down to the last two. I knew it was going to be then end, but, I had a plan. I made them chase me all the way out to those retractable bridges, and as soon as they stepped on the bridge, I threw a thermal det onto the control console. I had been shot down seconds after, but my detonator had destroyed the controls, retracting the bridges and sending the rebels to their doom with me. It was glorious, and we won.

The PS2 was so much funā€¦ Such nostalgia.

10 Likes

I just got Star Wars Battlefront 2 on steam a few days ago.

This is fun.

7 Likes

Much wow.

Nice story.

3 Likes

The only Star Wars Battlefront game I played was Star Wars Battle front elite squadron on my PSPā€¦But hey I got to experience transitioning to Land to Space though.

Play.
Battlefront.
Now.

@RECspiriah, pls, if you have steam, get it.

3 Likes

here is an idea, that would be cool but I doubt it would happen

Itā€™s a land to space battle, in space a y-wing takes out the engines of a star destroyer, star destroyer plummets from orbit and crashes into the battlefield on the ground and is then part of the ground battle, there are command posts inside and vehicles/fighters that can be used (if still intact). thatā€™s just an idea I hope will be implemented

2 Likes

Wouldnā€™t the capitol ship, like, destroy the entire battlefield?

1 Like

Reminds me of some maps I played in Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron.
Like in Kashyyk and Mustafar there are Crashed Republic Venators and in conquest you donā€™t just capture command posts. You have to capture the command post that controls the ion cannons and use them to disable your enemyā€™s ship shieldā€™s. Then board the enemy ship and destroy your enemyā€™s ship core and escape the ship. And thatā€™s it. You win in conquest in Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron.

4 Likes

letā€™s just hope battlefront does not end up like any of EAā€™s other past gamesā€¦

12 Likes

Did you know that the Star Wars Battlefront 3 trailer is incoming?

2 Likes

holy crap really, when?

Watch 0:00 to 0:24.

1 Like

(I had to use this picture for something)

5 Likes

battlefront reveal is in 30 minutes guys

IT"S HERE!

5 Likes

Bubble shields and at-ats on endorā€¦ So hype!!!

3 Likes