The toa Hagah (bionicle canon contest #3: Honor Guard, Part 2)

Indeed there is no need, if Specter-L pulls out I’m going to hold certain people directly responsible, and Double is not included.

1 Like

okay then back to the matter at hand

Seeing as the stance on other art entries is that the shield can be on the back or its existence just ‘hinted at’ how on earth do you justify that literally any positioning of the shields except this one specific one which you’ve already said doesn’t violate the rules is okay? jesus christ

Hey everyone. Thanks for the patience, and here’s the situation.

The auditing group made a mistaken assumption that the rules applied in the MOC contest were to be applied in the art one as well. After TTV was criticized for allowing the winning Bomonga to have an arm-mounted shield, it was thought that the same situation should be avoided here, especially to avoid a precedent of “so anyone can get away with it”.

We were wrong in that assumption, and we apologize. We’re still working out the hiccups in our system, and this was one. The shield-on-arm placement is no longer an issue.

@specterL, Due to the confusion, you can still make changes to the shield placement if you’d like to or already have, but it is no longer required.

29 Likes

I like Specter’s entry a lot, just wish it was bit less dark to make these great desigs to shine.

Maybe this latest “hiccup” was just the boost it needed to overcome that.

2 Likes

my intention was to make this drawing followed by individual renders like this painting below, but unfortunately my time was very short

15 Likes

Yeah I agree with this. It would be different if the shield on the arm wasn’t a Bionicle thing to do, but we have seen this with G2 Ekimu’s Toa of Light form as an example, so I understand why one wouldn’t want this the Hagah specifically, but it’s not something that we haven’t seen done before either.

1 Like

This was poorly phrased, on a conceptual level most things in bionicle has inspirations from real life and certainly human history plays a part in making Bionicle, well Bionicle but from an inuniverse perspective the idea of a shield strap may not exist but we don’t know that since we have never been given an example of such in canon. However we can assume since every other media portray shields as hanheld tools the idea of a shield with a strap for wrist wielding has not been thought of yet in the MU and in that sense it does not really matter if we have had shield straps in our history because from an inuniverse perspective as far as we know the MU inhabitants has not thought about such a solution.

Yeah, I think this issue is perhaps something that SHIELDn’t have been brought up.

2 Likes

Congratulations

2 Likes

Congratulation @specterL - I can’t wait to see a digital model cooked up for your Gaaki mask!

9 Likes

Congratulations !

1 Like

Glad you made it! :tada::tada::tada::tada::tada:

1 Like

Congrats @specterL !

1 Like

Congratulations! Really liked your artpiece!

1 Like

Congratulations!

1 Like

Well done!

1 Like

Work in progress…

20 Likes

yes

2 Likes

Man you work quick!

4 Likes

Holy Cungadero, already? that’s great!