The toa Hagah (bionicle canon contest #3: Honor Guard, Part 2)

These are the changes I made to the winning sets of the first contest, I hope you like it

I decided to change the colors from bomonga and gaaki to metallic green and copper, and added a new spear to the pouks (11338)

this is a discarded version of gaaki’s spear so i decided not to add it

and finally this is the mask I decided for her

111 Likes

Certified great.

3 Likes

Couple things I wanted to mention:

-Considering the mask for Gaaki is a new design you just made, it will likely require a front, side, and top view in order to be entered

-This entry and two others much like it will undoubtedly all end up in the final round in a close battle for the top, and I have to say it’ll be a position well earned because this piece is utterly fantastic

I wish you all the best in the upcoming voting, and once again fantastic work!

13 Likes

Top tier art. I think the environment’s a little dark/hard to see a bit, but I love your style on the Hagah, especially greenmonga and copper Gaaki/her new mask. Hope it gets far in the contest.

4 Likes

Fantastic art! Sure to steal one of my three top picks!

5 Likes

no blouks 0/10 terrible drawing /s

1 Like

WOW! This is very very good

1 Like

I’ve been waiting to see the finished product since I saw the WIP, incredible job!

2 Likes

I’ve always liked your style, and this is no exception! Great job!

1 Like

Wow. I’ve seen your art before and it’s absolutely phenomenal, so glad you decided to enter this. Incredible art (and of course, 6/1 split), I really hope this wins!

1 Like

Is there a 3D file for that mask?

2 Likes

Your style is phenomenal, If it came down between yours and mine in the final round I‘d vote for this one no kidding, it is fantastic!!

1 Like

Great drawing of the team! love gaakis mask design although the lighting makes it a little bit hard to see what’s going on

1 Like

As others have said, your art is always consistently amazing, and this is no exception!

The two biggest problems I have with the piece is that the shields seem a wee bit too large, and also that Gaaki seems a little too bright compared to her teammates (or, perhaps her teammates are too dark?).

Also, rule 4 states that any custom masks must have front, side, and top views drawn

EDIT: I see you’ve added the additional pictures. Good luck!

4 Likes

Impressive! This is definitely going to get my vote!

1 Like

Great job drawing Pouks and the rest of the Hagah! Cragger’s jagged blade works great as the tip of an avalanche spear

8 Likes

Wow, I really like how they’re portrayed as both extremely diverse yet equals at the same time. The poses look just like they would if commemorative statues were erected of them. Great work!

3 Likes

This is my top pick, it’s brilliant. Every single painting you put out is pure gold and everything I want out of a Bionicle art style.

1 Like

The art is phenomenal. If it weren’t for the lighting, it would probably be my first pick.

1 Like

Mata Nui… Your art style on top of this composition is no less than stellar. The intricacies of the textures and the lighting…

You made a team with such simple builds look like the true bosses the characters were meant to be. True to the characters and their elements. Well bloody done. Your work is a blessing to Matoran and Agori kind.

2 Likes