Honor Guard: Art Contest Results (BIONICLE Canon Contest #3)

I’ve got nothing witty to start this topic off with.

While this was always going to be the hardest contest to pull off, along the way we ran into a slew of unexpected difficulties and life challenges that prolonged an already daunting task. Many of which include harassment, burn out, lack of assistance, vitriol, physical and mental health decline, and poor communication.

And now we can put it to rest and move forward. But before we do that, without further ado, we present to you…

Expand for the results

Winner: The toa Hagah (bionicle canon contest #3: Honor Guard, Part 2)
By specterL

And now, that concludes the third BIONICLE G1 canon contest.

Unsurprisingly, we’re taking another break for the holidays and to recoup and reassess before moving on to the next contest. We’re going to work on refining our new auditor team, making some infrastructure adjustments, and working with more parts of the community to continue to include as many members of it as possible. As such, the next contest should begin (ideally, assuming all goes well) in early 2022.

Meso and I will be discussing our side of this contest on Monday, December 20th at 7:00 PM Eastern.

Thank you all so much for participating, and congratulations to the winner. A special thanks to our auditor team for their work in aiding us with the home stretch.

Please be polite and respectful in the replies and in your conduct. It would make our lives easier.

Thank you all once again,

-Eljay

45 Likes

Congratulations to @specterL, the winner! Happy holidays everyone and I look forward to the commencement of Tuyet contest in the new year!

Much gratitude to TTV for their hard work and perseverance to see this daunting task though! Hopefully, with the feed back and lessons learned from this they come back refreshed for the next contest. Still really thankful for them doing this.

5 Likes

NOOT NOOT BLUE-ORANGE GAAKI WON
congrats to the winner!

7 Likes

Happy with the outcome, congratulations to the winner and a big applause for TTV :grinning: :clap:

9 Likes

Ugh now bomonga is that ugly shade of off green

But as I said before:

Congratulations to the winner. ngl the style is awesome.
This also means that the Tuyet contest is next. And I’ve been waiting for that one.

5 Likes

Huh, that’s weird, I just mixed a watercolor in the exact shade as Bomonga’s green right as I saw this.

But also

5 Likes

A HUGE congrats to Specter! Glad this contest is finally over, and that copper Gaaki and green Bomonga are canon now

3 Likes

Finally is over. Huge congrats to specterL. I see you all in Bricklink.

Now we have to wait for someone to make the model for Gaaki mask. I just want to ask to make it compatible with Mata and Metru heads :pray:

10 Likes

Congratulations @specterL! Fantastic artwork!

2 Likes

Well well, SpecterL! Excellent piece of artwork and congratulations on the well-deserved win. Hopefully the drama surrounding this contest has not lessened the win for you.

5 Likes

Huge congratulations to @specterL - love the work! This is probably the best outcome for me.

1 Like

Copper Gaaki and Green Metallic Bomonga are cannon, everyone!

4 Likes

Congratulations to @specterL !!!
very NICE ART!!! :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

5 Likes

Truly 2004/05-ish to me. Very happy with the result

2 Likes

It’s over. We’ve won. Blualus, the 1:1:1:1:1:1 ratio…it’s all come together. Marvelous. Definitely the best turnout for the contests thus far, and I’m glad that we’ve gotten over the “Hagah Hump.”

12 Likes

Congratulations! Not my first choice, but close second - needless to say I am satisfied with the result! And we have The optimal Hagah colors :ok_hand:

1 Like

Congrats to @SpecterL for his win

While I’m not a fan of undetermined masks or that Bomonga(which should canonically only be referred to as prototype jr from now on) and some of the Hagah’s builds the color split for me became a bit of a perfect match.

As for my conduct during this contest I once again apologize. I promise to do better for the next one I hope the fruits of that labor is already showing.

I won’t give up on wanting a parts ratio restriction though and I’ll likely will die on that hill which I’m fine with but I will keep it on the down low from now on in return I hope people will be respectful next time I bring it up we don’t need a second Hagah contest. I’ve provided a lot of reasons for this in the past so I won’t bring them back up again in this topic but if you want to read up on those you can go through my old posts. If you DM me in a respectful manner you can have some reasons listed, for those curious.

2 Likes

Most excellent! I’m very pleased with the six way split and Cragger’s blade fits perfectly with Pouks’ jagged look

19 Likes

I’m so happy with the result!

3 Likes

The community has spoken. Yet again I can’t fathom the taste of the community.

2 Likes