The Transformers

we got scourge, now where’s sky-byte?

Also question: should I wait for the Velocitron Hot Rod or get the Studio Series version?

1 Like

It entirely depends on which colors you prefer. One is toon based, the other is toy based. Whichever one you think looks better, that’s the one you should go for. Though in all fairness it isn’t an incredibly amazing mold to begin with. At least not in my experience.

That would definitely be nice to see. The thrilling 30 Skybyte was a decent go at it, but could definitely be done better. And with Armada Starscream getting a new figure, there’s no saying “it’s been too soon” or anything like that.

1 Like

Wellllll, I like the darker red color layout of the Velocitron one better, but the SS version has the Matrix + blast effect, so…

2 Likes

The effects parts aren’t anything super special, and there are plenty of other figures you can get that exact same Matrix from. Earthrise Optimus (as well as his Kingdom release) and Kingdom/Legacy Galvatron both come to mind. Both are definitely better figures than Hotrod.

3 Likes

Galvatron is pretty good, I should totally pick him up sometime

also I’ve decided on studio series, the colors pop more.

1 Like

I personally like the studio series myself (not that I own any). They have the best Bumblebee yet!

1 Like

Jeep Bumblebee?

2 Likes

All the Bumblebee variants from his movie. I do like Jeep Bumblebee though. There’s actually two of that in the series: one from Bumblebee, and a gray version based on Age of Extinction. Both are pretty similar, at least in vehicle mode.

2 Likes

What are some Studio Series figures that you would recommend? I’m considering asking for one for Christmas, though it would have to be around $35 at maximum.

1 Like

Bayformers or '86?

2 Likes

Well, if Bayformers then ones from the Bumblebee movie, but the ‘86 ones are also neat.

1 Like

I don’t really collect live-action movie figures, but the BB Soundwave is pretty good. As for an '86 figure i would defo recommend any version of the Scourge figure.

2 Likes

Ah. Thanks! I will definitely consider those.

1 Like

Jeep Bumblebee is the best studio series Bumblebee.

WWII Bumblebee is the worst

3 Likes

I’ve heard that WWII bumblebee and Hot Rod are really hard to transform, or are flimsy. Is this true? (This is coming from someone who just reads the Amazon reviews, where some were clearly copied and pasted from other sites).

1 Like

I wouldn’t know, but it suffers from insanely poor kibble management

2 Likes

I think that’s why it was breaking for the people who wrote those reviews. They were trying to pose it with stuff all over, and they then broke parts.

1 Like

Does anyone know how to fix a loose waist swivel? My copy of Legacy Motormaster’s swivel is weirdly loose.

3 Likes

Nickelodeon slime repaints are here now

4 Likes

finally

my boy toxitron is getting a retail release

3 Likes