The Ultimate Mask of Creation

Some people may remember that I attended Artakha art contest in 2020. It was the first time for me to take part in this kind of contest, and I enjoyed it very much because I made a lot of friends through this game.

Artakha the Winner: meet the maker, part 2 (art) entry - Creative Content / Artwork - The TTV Message Boards (ttvchannel.com)

For most of people, the biggest feature of my entry is that its style is similar to the official Karzahni art. However, the mask design is actually the proudest part of me. Unfortunately, at that time, due to my schoolwork and my terrible art skills, I could only finish the design of the mask in a hurry, adding what I wanted to show in a random way, which led to the poor details of the mask. This left me a lot of regrets. I know it’s far from what I expected, and I know it needs to be further developed. I do had several plans for improvement but I didn’t have time to do it, until this week I felt that I am ready to redesign it, and I finally made up my mind to finish it completely.

The way I designed it is basically the same as the previous version:

The G1 mask of creation should be similar to that of the G2, and the crown is its most significant feature.

Since both the mask of creation and the mask of life were created by great beings, they should have something in common and should both include great spirit robot in their design.

My MoC should also contain spherus magna, which can be represented by a ring behind the GSB.

The MoC records the cultures of different parts of the universe. Here is my solution: in previous version, I used arrows to point to different locations of the GSB and had the inscription engraved on the handle of the arrow, and here I’m going to keep this very effective design.

Multiple arrows make up the crown and beard. I need to weaken the shape of the arrows to make them look less obvious.

I also decided to add more references from the mask of life, like the layer-by-layer design .

More importantly, my mask of creation must be ornate, truly ornate.

Then I have a new mask of creation.

I know the topic says ‘ultimate mask’, but I don’t think it’s 100% complete, and I may make some changes in the future. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to tell me.

31 Likes

Really nice! I love how intricate and ancient it looks.

1 Like

I really love this design!

It fits wonderfully with the model, too:

9 Likes

I agree - it looks really neat

1 Like

This design just oozes power!

1 Like

Can a9mwone make this and post it online

1 Like

@Rukah @Enbeanie @Rhyla416 Thanks! So happy to know that you like it.
@Atobe_Brick I actually didn’t think of the Artakha model when I designed the mask, but to my surprise it fits well in this photo.
@Kamoranova5 I am looking forward to someone to do that, but it is a challenging work. My sketch is not very accurate in the top and lateral view.

2 Likes

Great sketch overall, one thing I would change is the crown. The “pillars” are too blocky and simple compared to the rest of the mask.

Yes I haven’t add the inscription yet. It looks kinda lack of details.

2 Likes

I love the incorporation of the GSR into the design, but that does bring up the issue of the Kanohi Vahi being the only legendary Kanohi not to feature it. Then again, it’s the only one not to be made by the Great Beings.

4 Likes

The next is the ultimate mask of time.

2 Likes

Mask of time cool, think you could do the same with life, light, shadows(perhaps make a g1 version of the mask of control)

1 Like

And olisi

1 Like

I made your old version about 6 months ago: Toavictor's Mask Of Creation by Rothanak - Thingiverse

3 Likes

Really excellent design. The bottom of the mask looks very beard-like, which fits Artahka perfectly.

6 Likes