The x wing miniatures topic

this is the topic for x wing miniatures I guess. does anyone actually play it besides me?
both first and second edition can be talked about here.

1 Like

I’d love to, but I lack time and funds. Though if you could link me the rules, I’d gladly take you up on TTS.

1 Like

whats TTS? also, be aware that I only play/know how to play first edition
edit: these should be right

1 Like

TableTop Simulator

It’s basically a physics engine and you can import games.

available for 20$ on Steam.

1 Like

cool! one problem though: Im broke

1 Like

That is problematic yes. Well, it does go on sale occasionally, so keep an eye out.

1 Like

ok, thanks

1 Like

How idea came up? I am a big fan of it. A very big fan. So what are we meant to talk about here?) Like sharing squadrons?

1 Like

sure? the topic of x wing was lacking here, and I wanted to see who else played.
talk about whatever you want.
also @Lesnichiy. do you play first or second edition?

1 Like

I played first edition since 2013 I guess, and now I play the second edition. Already played only 20 games or something in second edition, though.

1 Like

I was introduced at a freind’s house a few years ago. I only play first edition (mostly because I dont feel like getting the stuff to play second) and am decent at it.

1 Like

Yes, buying second edition cost much… I still remember rules of the first one an keeping all the cards/tokens/dials, so I am always ready to play first edition.

1 Like

If I got into second edition, I probably would do my best to be able to switch back for a game at a second’s notice.
also, how do you store your ships?

1 Like

Before lst autumn I kept small ships in their transparent packs and stored them in boxes with large ships with all the cards. But now they are occupying a shelf in a cupboard. Cards are assorted in zip-locks by ship type and stored in conversion kits. And how you solved problem with storing?

1 Like

ah. have you heard of feldherr?
the cases are a bit expensive, but the modularity with the foam is wonderfull.
I cant say wether or not the cases are worth the price however, as both of mine were given to me as a gift.

feldherr link: https://www.feldherr.net/for/star-wars-x-wing
you can also find them on amazon

1 Like

Got it. A good way to store them, in fact. I always thought about organizing cards more, for I have seen a lot of ship organizers, but no card storing cases/boxes…

1 Like

my cards are stored using the bags that came with the expansions (no waste there, yay!)
I orgagnise them like this:
large cards:
refrence cards
scum
rebel/resistance
empire/first order

upgrades:
titles/modifications
EPT
munitions/secondairy weapons (bombs, torpedoes, missiles, cannons, turrets)
crew/astromechs (both kinds)
technology (system, tech, ilicit)

Im a bit ocd about some things… especally my x wing

1 Like

Storing many upgrade types in one bag - perfectionist in me is in tears). I need to go now, thank you for conversatoin. Maybe some one else will join this topic. Good luck!

1 Like