The X-Wing Miniatures topic

this is the topic for x wing miniatures I guess. does anyone actually play it besides me?
both first and second edition can be talked about here.

2 Likes

I’d love to, but I lack time and funds. Though if you could link me the rules, I’d gladly take you up on TTS.

1 Like

whats TTS? also, be aware that I only play/know how to play first edition
edit: these should be right

1 Like

TableTop Simulator

It’s basically a physics engine and you can import games.

available for 20$ on Steam.

1 Like

cool! one problem though: Im broke

1 Like

That is problematic yes. Well, it does go on sale occasionally, so keep an eye out.

1 Like

ok, thanks

1 Like

How idea came up? I am a big fan of it. A very big fan. So what are we meant to talk about here?) Like sharing squadrons?

1 Like

sure? the topic of x wing was lacking here, and I wanted to see who else played.
talk about whatever you want.
also @Lesnichiy. do you play first or second edition?

1 Like

I played first edition since 2013 I guess, and now I play the second edition. Already played only 20 games or something in second edition, though.

1 Like

I was introduced at a freind’s house a few years ago. I only play first edition (mostly because I dont feel like getting the stuff to play second) and am decent at it.

1 Like

Yes, buying second edition cost much… I still remember rules of the first one an keeping all the cards/tokens/dials, so I am always ready to play first edition.

1 Like

If I got into second edition, I probably would do my best to be able to switch back for a game at a second’s notice.
also, how do you store your ships?

1 Like

Before lst autumn I kept small ships in their transparent packs and stored them in boxes with large ships with all the cards. But now they are occupying a shelf in a cupboard. Cards are assorted in zip-locks by ship type and stored in conversion kits. And how you solved problem with storing?

1 Like

ah. have you heard of feldherr?
the cases are a bit expensive, but the modularity with the foam is wonderfull.
I cant say wether or not the cases are worth the price however, as both of mine were given to me as a gift.

feldherr link: https://www.feldherr.net/for/star-wars-x-wing\
you can also find them on amazon

1 Like

Got it. A good way to store them, in fact. I always thought about organizing cards more, for I have seen a lot of ship organizers, but no card storing cases/boxes…

1 Like

my cards are stored using the bags that came with the expansions (no waste there, yay!)
I orgagnise them like this:
large cards:
refrence cards
scum
rebel/resistance
empire/first order

upgrades:
titles/modifications
EPT
munitions/secondairy weapons (bombs, torpedoes, missiles, cannons, turrets)
crew/astromechs (both kinds)
technology (system, tech, ilicit)

Im a bit ocd about some things… especally my x wing

1 Like

Storing many upgrade types in one bag - perfectionist in me is in tears). I need to go now, thank you for conversatoin. Maybe some one else will join this topic. Good luck!

1 Like

so, does anybody have a good anti-tie phantom/soontir fel squad?
here is what I have come up with:

(note that this is only with ships/cards I have and completely disregarding any and all errata and updates)

As far as I know, problem with both is that they are really good in maneuvers. So turrets is the best choice against them. Ion weapons can be good too, as they are small ships and only require one ion token. Can you concretize why Phatom and Soontir Fel (don’ exactly remember their pilot abilities)?