Things you love about Magic: The Gathering

(I’m not completely sure if this is the place for this topic)

I’ve made this topic for two reasons 1: to see how many mtg fans are an in this community and 2: to see what people love about the game.

So make a list with your favorite color, card, character, planeswalker (from a story perspective and a play perspective), your favorite deck, and anything you just have to say about why you love they game. Here’s mine

Color: Red
Favorite card: it’s a hard decision but for now probably Nekusar the mind razor
favorite character(s): it’s a tie between Gideon Jura and Sorin markov
favorite planeswalker(s):
Story wise: Gideon and Sorin
Gameplay wise: tibalt the fiend blooded
Deck(s): either my Nekusar edh deck or my UG morph deck
I love every aspect of mtg but my favorite thing about it is by far and away its expansive lore.

Also feel free to discuss anything else here pertaining to mtg.

5 Likes

That the game is actually about using your cards to win and doesn’t force you to pick a certain deck type in order to win.

###I’m looking at you, Yu-Gi-Oh.

7 Likes

Truuuuuuuuuue, also Burn!

2 Likes

I have a friend who’s really into MTG and he introduced me to it a few weeks ago. It’s pretty alright, but not my cup of tea. I mostly like the artwork on the cards.

2 Likes

Color: Blue
Card: That’s tough… OG Jace or and I always loved Intet, the Dreamer.
Characters: Jace, Nissa, Ajani, and Elspeth (Story and Game)
Deck: My lighting fast Boros deck.
I love MTG.
My dad introduced me to it.

1 Like

Original jace is a nice choice, I use him wherever I can, a old biddy of mine used to run a Boros deck that was a beast, any Allstars in yours?

1 Like

I don’t think so.

I still play it though, just a lot less often than I used to! XD

Also, my favorite color is White, but I haven’t played enough to have a favorite card or deck.

But I love the griffins and that lion race that the White cards have.

2 Likes

Honestly I can’t play as much as I used to either, being responsible can be a drag sometimes XD

1 Like

Leonin.
My favorite cardart is, right now:

And

3 Likes

Man that new jace art is phenomenal, SOI is shaping up to be one of the best sets in recent years imo

I totally forgot about favorite card arts!
Here are mine
The classic Nebuchadnezzar art from legends

And the duel deck art for Sorin and tibalt

1 Like

He has a trenchcoat.
I was won over.
:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Hard boiled detective jace is on the case XD

1 Like

I forgot about this art, somehow.
It is my absolute favorite.

4 Likes

Well most of the art in it looks good I guess

2 Likes

I like playing Magic, although I mainly just use a straight Green deck :smile:

1 Like

That piece truly is stunning

1 Like

Izzet mad scientist over here. My deck is 150 cards, because the best thing about Magic to me is the official ruling for maximum deck size: “As long as you can shuffle it with two hands.”
I have a few cards that I love, including the previously mentioned Hypersonic Dragon. One of my favorite cards is Wild Ricochet, because it’s about the most disgusting thing you can have happen to your combo. Having a 150-card deck, I could probly talk for days about my favorite cards, so I’ll just say “all five of my Krakens” and leave it at that.

2 Likes