Throg, Temple Guardian (NEW!)

A MOC from me without a storyline for once! Throg actually came from an attempt to complete a Daily Hero a while back. I don’t remember the exact rolls, but I ended up making a reptilian/ophidian/dinosaur stone temple guardian thing!

This guy uses a really weird blend of system and CCBS, born partly out of my being in a hurry and partly because I didn’t want to make just another bionicle. Also the main parts I wanted to use were the slopes on his chest and lower legs.

41 Likes

Stellar work here! Not much to complain about really. I guess the back of the lower legs could use some cover.

Yeah… I tried a lot of different methods to try and attach something back there, but couldn’t find anything. Perhaps a sneaky use of a rubber band around the axel rod there? XD

2 Likes

That might work, some people tend to dislike the use of rubber bands though. If that is how you decide to cover it, if at all, a 2x3 tile should do good enough without limiting the articulation too much. The only issue then is if the system parts on the side will fall off. Hmm…

There is no viable connection point back there, unfortunately, so a tile is out of the question. And the side bits are quite fragile too, yes.

2 Likes

Pretty good.
I kind of expected something more froglike, but still cool.

His asymmetrical arms are a little bit weird looking. They’re not bad, just a bit strange.

He’s kinda weird-lookin’, but I like him. I doubt the connection for the shin-armor is legal :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I like the gold.

the colours blend really well together

The chrome…ooooooohhh yeeeeeeeaaaaaa chrome!

There is no chrome on this moc…?

I’m blind. It looks like chrome the way the lighting hits it.

I really enjoy how you managed to combine system with CCBS so well. It looks so nice and solid, very filled out and creative.