Toa Ahiru Take 3

Here we go again…

NAME: Ahiru
ELEMENT: Sound
MASK: Kanohi Kakama
THEME:Adrenaline by Thousand Foot Krutch

Sorry if the pictures are squashed (I’m on mobile though so I don’t know if itll affect PC/MAC)

The only part I really hate about it is the back of the legs, but nobody cares about the backs of those right? :stuck_out_tongue:

• Axe
  • Sword
  • Hammer

0 voters

Edit:

36 Likes

I like the design

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

You’re welcome!

1 Like

I like the layering on the legs and arms, although again, he seems to have a bit too little red. Good MOC.

1 Like

I have always had trouble finding ways to use those weird HF armor shells on the shoulders, but I must say that you did a great job with them! Good work!

3 Likes

I especially like how you used three of those large, silver, 3.0 shells on the upper chest and shoulders. The armor placement all around is very good.

2 Likes

Looks nice, but can we get a full picture? I want to see all of this guy!

2 Likes

@Miraku I am sorry, but I am too limited in that color to add enough in the right areas. I tried to make it more of a highlight color this time around. I did try to add more, it just didn’t work.
@TheMOCingbird thank you very much! Use of those was inspired by ToaMataEthan from the LEGO gallery
@Rocka99 thank you very much! Also, you may remember me from the galleries/LMBs as omf817 :wink:
@ToaNoah_Wafflemeister I’ll try to get one up today. I’ve got quite a bit of school today though

4 Likes

Now that I look at it, the red works as an accent color, it’s just the panels on the upper arms that bug me, because for most of the MOC, the color layering is Siver over Dark Red or Burnt Orange, whereas that section forgoes the use of silver entirely.

2 Likes

Ah. That makes sense.

1 Like

Shoulder pauldrons look good on this guy. And I like that they’re double-articulated so as not to restrict the range of motion of the arms.

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Would you mind if I steal that shoulder/body design? If I were to post it anywhere I’d give you credit.

2 Likes

Of course!

2 Likes

MAKE AN AXE HAMMER

4 Likes

Um… no… thank you? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

you say that like I said something horrible or unintelligible, this can be interpreted as me asking if that was possible, that’s all.

2 Likes

That’s not what I meant, sorry

1 Like

I mean, Thor had one in Infinity War.

3 Likes