Toa Chiara MOC

I’d consider that to be a great improvement.
The thighs and shoulders seem a little barren though

1 Like

looks pretty good

Oh yeah, this is much better. She looks less blocky now, too.

Also, I for one don’t mind the barren thighs and shoulders

1 Like

Yeah, this is indubitably an improvement. I think the taller torso looks better proportionally.

2 Likes

I prefer the short torso. I think it looks better, even if it’s slightly disproportionate by human standards

1 Like

I feel like there just needs to be a little space between the shoulder and torso or mobility may be limited

1 Like

Yeah great update. The new torso pretty much fixes the proportions, good job. The height is nice, I like characters with different heights makes them feel a bit more real.

The proportions in this first image are great, also, what’s that on her arms? Sort of looks like a white piece glitching within the pin hole or something.

3 Likes

I think that’s the minifig roller skate piece

3 Likes

On the front is a minifigure roller skate:

On the back, and wrapping around the side, is a 1x1/1x1 inverted bracket:

I just added them to fill out the upper arm. I also updated it not long after making that post, anyways:

I’m not sure which one I prefer; I like the overall shaping of the new design, but I also prefer the “thin-ness” of the old version.

4 Likes

I prefer the new one; the old one looked incomplete, like it was missing shoulder armour.

3 Likes

Looks way better, may i see her from feet to head with that added? She’s definitely getting my vote.

I like the metal blue

1 Like

Me too

1 Like

3 Likes

Thanks Sir!

Spear Update:

There’s nothing too crazy here, design-wise; as soon as I read “spear”, I envisioned a long, thin weapon (as opposed to the bulkier heads of the Hagah spears), and I knew 16L axles came in white.

I’m just not sure which tip I like more. The smaller one is closer to my vision of “thin”, but it’s maybe too small.

(Also, the pose in those images make it clear that I need to add internal/external rotation to at least one point in her upper arm; there’s really bad clipping at both shoulders)

7 Likes

It’s a pike, rather than a spear. I like it. Although it might be slightly too thin for my tastes. And I would definitely not use the tiny spike.

3 Likes

I found a third option that’s my favourite so far:

This has the size of the Mahritoran blade and the rotational symmetry of the smaller tip (more or less). The only issue is that it looks not-great from other angles.

6 Likes

Maybe you could connect two of those blade pieces on an axle connector then add that to the spear…
Know what I mean?