Toa Gaaki (BIONICLE Canon Contest #3: Honor Guard)

the issue has nothing to do with precedents - these contests set new precedents

1 Like

Thats kinda more correct

1 Like

yes but they still have to abide by the “does this look right next to norik and iruni” thing lol.

…Hence various designs could be encouraged, since new precedents = new possibilities for how Toa look…

Well it kinda does canon has a set of precedents these models should build on

1 Like

yeah, just not objectifying ones

1 Like

toa dont need to have thicc booty cos or the little ball joints in the nuva armor cos love isnt canon lol

no canonical reason to have it be dummy thicc

But humans havent got those properties just for love. But the real reason for it needs love.

it might have something to do with the fact that the “bad faith/vote disruption” rule didn’t exist at the time (as the hoseryx debacle was the reason for that rule’s creation)

4 Likes

the lengths ppl will go to defend their precious nuva booty cheeks on toa of water my gawsh

2 Likes

Great Beings were crazy dudes. I’m sure some of them did make some oversexualized being that is part of species that don’t sexually reproduce

2 Likes

The Helryx MOC I pointed out was not Hoseryx and didn’t experience the same level of controversy–in fact, it didn’t experience controversy at all.

I’m more concerned with the lengths people will go to tear down someone’s entry seemingly because it doesn’t fit with their ideas of how a Toa should look. People who participate in the contest are deciding how Toa should look, and there is no express rule saying that there should be no booty. I suspect there soon will be.

2 Likes

bro…

rule 11.

3 Likes

It’s possible, so why not go crazy?

because it’s messed up

5 Likes

basic decency and common sense

5 Likes
  1. I personally like this MOC, looks well done, though I agree with more metallic.

2. As forpeople saying the rear makes it sexualized, I come from a family where the women in our family tend to be quite hippy, and large reared, this is honestly about right in proportions. So… :man_shrugging: Make of that what you will.

did you just call your family members thicc?

but either way people are not toa lol

2 Likes

In not so many words, but yes, they tend to be on the thicker side of the scale. (My art class had me draw family members a lot and I only have sisters, so…)

Sexualization is a human projection. If it’s following a natural set of proportions for a humanoid, the only we have reference for, and since toa are not identical in every sense, there is variation, I fail to see how a realistic shape is sexualized.

1 Like

This has nothing to do with that. I want custom builds in this contest.

Just not ones that are blatantly sexualized.

1 Like