Toa Hagah (BIONICLE Canon Contest #3: Honor Guard)

Here is my entry for the rest of the Toa Hagah team.

We’ll start off first with Toa Kualus.

Entry:

From what we know about Kualus, he has a deep connection to Rahi. He wears the Mask of Rahi Control and can speak the language of flying Rahi. So my idea was to give him a more bestial look, with armor decorated with bones, a feral looking mask with teeth, and a staff that doubles as a Rahi catcher.

Front:

Side:

Back:

Breakdown 1:

Breakdown 2:

Breakdown 3:

Breakdown 4:

Size Comparison:

Next up we have Toa Pouks.

Entry:

Pouks is described as the type to charge into battle head on and capturing large land Rahi. So I decided to go with overly muscled arms and a tower shield (With actual rhotuka launcher!). I used a Hau Nuva in the moc, but I imagine him as wearing one shaped like a Mask of Elemental Energy.

Front:

Side:

Back:

Breakdown 1:

Breakdown 2:

Breakdown 3:

Size Comparison:

Third on the list is Toa Bomonga.

Entry:

Bomonga is described as preferring stealthy, ambush tactics, but is perfectly capable of going toe to toe with tough enemies using his Mask of Growth. With the moc, I tried to strike a balance between strength and flexibility. Strong limbs with plates of light armor. A simple spear for meant for fast attacks with a durable shield. A mask with a scope to enhance his natural night vision and more easily focus on much smaller enemies. Due to the way I put the arms together, he’s also the only entry that has a working gear function.

Front:

Side:

Back:

Breakdown 1:

Breakdown 2:

Size Conmparison:

Finally, we have Toa Gaaki, by far the most aesthetically different of my entries.

Entry:

I’ll be honest, I may have gone overboard with her. I originally wanted to just use an upside down Metru torso to give her a hunched over look, like she’s burdened by the weight of her own prophecies. I wanted to give her a Mahri style mask with a rebreather attachment like the Garai, but I didn’t have anything that fit to my satisfaction, so I got creative. Same with the chest, shoulders, and shield. I used a lot more rubber bands than I would have liked.

Front:

Side:

Back:

Breakdown 1:

Breakdown 2:

Breakdown 3:

Size Comparison:

Group Shot:

I give consent for my mask to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: (Yes)
I give consent for my metallic color choice to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: (Yes)
I give consent for my spear tip to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: (Yes)

10 Likes

We’ve had headless Gaaki and corpulent Gaaki and now we have hit by a truck Gaaki

It’s a very wacky take on the character, but I don’t know how far it’ll get you. Best of luck all the same.

4 Likes

At least they stand out…

Does it count as a Metru build if the Metru torso is used as a backpack and not a torso? :thinking:

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t really expect it to win, the rest of the Hagah are supposed to look like Iruini and Norik after all. I just wanted to make something as different as possible from the other entries.

That’s the idea! :wink:

This was definitely a concern of mine. I wasn’t sure how far I could stretch the Metru torso requirement and was afraid it’d immediately be disqualified.