Toa Hagah Bomonga

At last, the 30 year old boomonga.

2 Likes

That mask… beaut

1 Like

This dude is awesome! I never thought of him being so bulky, but that’s really good! The hewiki masks look so cool as shoulder armor

1 Like

@HewksDKowlihad Thank you, fellow gamer
@TheMOCingbird Thank you!
@Zero sips I remember the raid on Destral.
@Antroz2007 Thank you! I was hesitant on the idea of him being bulky at first but I decided to just go for it, especially since he can be bulky as well as stealthy. Speaking of hewkii masks, I got the idea of the shoulders from this other version of him posted in '09. I didn’t care for the green part of the inika head being exposed so I eventually changed it to the nuva shoulders and proceeded to fill it up. I’m glad that you like the usage of them.

3 Likes

I only just started to think about how you could have placed the shoulder armor like that. I still have no answers.

1 Like

@jayzor17 Here’s how I did it. I hope this helps you.

Due to the large gap caused by using nuva shoulders I solved it by adding this.

I based this on idea both on what this person made as well as Grimlock’s shoulders.

6 Likes

You know, the Hagah contest will be next, care to enter it?

1 Like

Yes. I switched to a prototype mask since RSG banned theirs and it works pretty well. Idk how people will feel about a painted Hagah shield, even if they can be 3-D printed, but hopefully a lot of people will be fine with it. Might take some photos of him fighting the Tahtorak and Zivon.

7 Likes

Can’t wait to see them!

3 Likes

Thank you! The Tahtorak has been assembled for a few years but I never got around to building the Zivon. My headcanon is that the Zivon severely wounded Bomonga right before his capture, so hopefully I can implement that in some way.

2 Likes

this is canon to me now

5 Likes

i love this… :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:
The Shoulder’s Sanok-Armor is very fantastic!

3 Likes

Thank you! Hopefully enough people feel that way in the coming months!

1 Like

@Kodiak I hope this enters the Hagah contest!

3 Likes

That’s the plan! inb4 it loses

5 Likes

Great to hear!

2 Likes

I think this may be the best Bomonga I’ve seen! I like how it’s still recognizably Metru, but with some slight variation.

4 Likes

Very cool MOC! It’s fairly simple, yet well structured

1 Like

Thank you! The simple metru look is deliberate, as that’s what his partners Norik and Iruini look like, but I like to think I was creative where it counts, although I have made a couple of changes since.

I’m glad you two enjoy the moc!

3 Likes

this. is. so. cool. I would definitely vote this as canon, great photography!

2 Likes