Toa Hagah - Canon Contest #3: Honor Guard

These are my entries for the Toa Hagah canon contest. The main goal with these designs was parity with the existing Toa (Norik and Iruini). To this end, my designs only use parts that existed in 2005 (excluding masks), when the sets were released. So without further ado, here they are!

My Toa Hagah are paired by build, with each pair having one Toa with gold armour and one silver. These pairs are as follows:
Norik-Bomonga
Gaaki-Iruini
Kualus-Pouks
I gave Bomonga the Mask of Possibilities as a reference to Toa Nikila, since their masks are supposed to be shaped like those of past heroes.

Mask credits:

Mask of Clairvoyance (Gaaki) - Galva
Mask of Possibilities (Bomonga) - KhingK
Mask of Translation (Pouks) - Galva
Mask of Adaptation (Kualus) - KhingK

Bomonga

Gaaki

Kualus

Pouks

Individual Poses:

Breakdown for Pouks and Kualus’ Armour:

Stud.io Files:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Qpo9CBh2y5750jt6Hy4smLWL07DaILhT?usp=sharing

Packs used:

Galvapack and KhingK Pack:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1w5sNVBiVOdqxxxEKrLSLtviT44WtAr0j
Biopack:

SwampKryakwa’s Colorpack (used for eyes in the pose renders):

Permissions:

I give consent for my mask to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: (Yes)

I give consent for my metallic color choice to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: (No)

I give consent for my spear tip to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: (No)

Size Comparison

If I’ve missed anything, let me know!

22 Likes

It’s certainly interesting to see Bomonga with a Great Mask of Possibilities.

Nice work!

3 Likes

I guess this is my favorite bunch so far. Close to the sets, silver for Gaaki and Kualus, gold for Bomonga and Pouks. You even paired up the armour.

4 Likes

Love the touch of referencing Nikila!

2 Likes

Don’t really have much to say about these, but they are neat. Good job, and good luck.

1 Like

now this puts a smile on my face

2 Likes

Love the mask choice for Gaaki. I’ve seen a few people use that for her, and it fits her really well.

Bomonga’s though, (and this is entirely a me problem), I can only see as the face of Moc_Imiku’s self-moc on biogram. Though I do like the thought that the ‘ancient hero’ Bomonga’s mask in honoring is Nikila.

One thing though: why do all the white axles stick so far out the back of their torsos?

1 Like

On Gaaki, Pouks and Kualus (and Iruini), the chestplate goes into the axle hole on the Metru chest cover, so I put the white axle further back to avoid it pushing the chest armour out. Bomonga doesn’t have this issue, so his axle doesn’t stick out as far.

Unless the masks are included in the parts pack, we will need you to include links to a free download for the 3D printed pieces used. Please add that within the next three (3) days.

Thank you.

The masks are in the parts packs.

1 Like

Specifically, they are galva145.dat (Pouks) and galva062.dat (Gaaki) in the Galvapack and khingk012.dat (Bomonga) and khingk042.dat in the KhingK Pack, both of which are linked in the original post.

3 Likes

Bomonga:
Blue belly button. That is all. Okay, yes, I know why this is done, it’s just hard not to notice. Mask also kinda looks weird, it was made to compliment Nikila’s aesthetic. Other than that, it’s decent

Gaaki
Not a fan of silver Gaaki, it feels too plain, I guess. Reminds me of Mistika Gali. Anyway, yeah, it’s decent.

Kualus:
Those shoulder pads would wiggle quite a bit in real life. Not a big fan of Hordika legs, but I can accept it.

Pouks:
Same shoulder issue as Kualus. I also don’t like gold pouks, it almost looks monochrome.

1 Like

Coolio, good luck

1 Like

Not sure I really like the Nuva chest armor, but I like Pouk’s mask and it seems to fit the character nicely.

1 Like