Toa Hagah (Canon Contest #3: Honor Guard)

Here are my propositions to the Canon Contest #3: Honor Guard.
General outlines:
All have identical basic Metru build, as the 2 released Toa Hagah.
All parts that had specific elemental colour were used in respective models in appropriate shades, with exception of Pouks, which I deceided to take inspiration from Norik, which had black torso and coloured neckguard.
In general all black parts present in Iruini have been kept black in all my entries with exception of Bomonga, because he’s black so to add variety I used dark bluish grey joints, as are in Toa Metru.
Each Toa Hagah has unique armour colour to be distinct from one another.
I tried to keep the parts within available colours, but it was not always possible, for example for Bomonga I chose Copper and I think no parts used are available in this colour, but should be available in Flat Gold or Pearl Gold.

The sides views are screenshots from studio, because I did them before I fgured out how to render, also rendering takes a lot of time on my PC. If it’s OK some of those might differ a little bit from the entries photos in minor parts colours or one or two being changed, but not in every model, if it’s not OK, please let me know I will correct them.

In general I won’t be allowing changing masks, colours and spear tips, unless nessesary bu the rules, but I do allow artistic freedom in representing masks and weapons.

Unfortunately I do not have my bonk parts in the place where I live now, so I wasn’t able to construct them personally, I don’t have some parts either way, but in the event that one, or more miraculously wins, I will take it upon myself to build a representation of it, if it is acceptable for BS01.

Bomonga

For armour colour I chose Copper, I don’t think the parts are availavle in this colour, but can be found in Flat Gold, or Pearl Gold.
Unfortunately Knights Kingdom parts that are in Copper are not available in stud.io, so I kept the parts within Bionicle realm.
For chest armour I included the gearbox cover, because it has nice continouity with the chest piece.
Let’s address the elephant in the room, yes I used Kraahkan’s back face, because to my knowledge it has never been used anywhere in canon, but I might be wrong, for the artwork contest artist: it would be nice if the final design took just a little bit of inspiration from this.
The foot is custom made, based on Slizer head, which is available in Metallic Gold.
I changed the joints from black, as are on other Toa Hagah to Dark Bluish Grey so that Bomonga wouldn’t be all black, but have some varied colour scheme.

Size comparison, front, back and side views:

Deconstruction:

I give consent for my mask to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses. Some similarity would be nice.
I do not give consent for my metallic color choice to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses.
I do not give consent for my spear tip to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses.

Gaaki

Armour colour is Pearl Gold, the Stars Hau mask is Pearl Gold, I chose it because it is available and also because Tahu is a worthy hero to be honoured by a member of Toa Hagah wearing his mask’s shape.
The feet were chosen because they look like fins.
Kiina’s trident is unfortunately unavaialble in Pearl Gold, but I couldn’t find a suitable spear tip in that colour, so I went with the trident, which is a cliche choice for Toa of Water.

Deconstruction:

I do not give consent for my mask to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses.
I do not give consent for my metallic color choice to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses.
I do not give consent for my spear tip to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses.

Kualus

Armour colour is Pearl Light Grey, the mask is Rode, I used Vahki6’s model for this, because stock Rode is not Biopack, huge thanks to Vahki6 for allowing me to use his design. I chose Rode, because it’s available in Pearl Light Grey, but also because this mask was worn by one Toa Mangai of Ice that died due to Teridax’ machinations to rid Metru Nui of Toa, so it’s fitting that Kualus would like to honour his fallen brother by wearing his mask’s shape. Spear tip is Pohatu Nuva’s claws, which might be used to pinch, as well as grab, for example Ice structures to climb, chop, throw, etc.

Deconstruction:

I do not give consent for my mask to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses. It would be nice if it was represented as stock Rode, but I wo’t suggest it, as Vahki6 made a great design and kindly allowed it to be used.

Pouks

Armour Colour is Pearl Dark Grey, as far as I know all peices are available in this colour.
The canon design for Mask of Emulation is not allowed, but the mask that is available in Pearl Dark Grey, which is 2008 Avohkii bears some resemblence to it, so I thought it would do great and also Takanuva also deserves to be honoured by having his mask shape worn, the original look is one of the legendary masks, but this one is mutated, so I don’t think anyone would take offence.
As mentioned at the beginning I chose to swap the torso’s and gearbox cover’s colours, as Norik’s are to introduce some diversity.

Deconstruction:

I give consent for my mask to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses. Since Mask of Light cannot be used, any similarity in final design is appreciated.

That would be all from me in Contest #3, any suggestions, opinions, critique is welcomed, if anything needs to be corrected I’m available.
And at the end I would like to present the complete Toa Hagah team according to my contest submission:

“You were the Honour Guard and the hour of trial you did what was honourable.”

IO files:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1g-0J_fDdx_Owc8LMP869vLGhxVwadbR0?usp=sharing

UPDATE: Initially I wanted to use KK pieces for sholder armour, but their absense in the Studio and Biopack rendered it impossible, since then however I have been able to locate models for said parts, as well as set Rode model, which I would like to update my models with. Being a purist I have also been able to procure a better trident design for Gaaki that can be made using official stock pieces. If this is OK with Staff members I would like to apply said updates, however I will refrain from doing so, unwil I get explicit approval.

10 Likes

Copper on Bomonga? Why not! These Mocs are all unique in their own way while looking cohesive as a team.

1 Like

Thank you. My goals was to create 2 goldish and 2 silverish so that the ratio is 3:3.

1 Like

Nice, they look good, but that render of Gaaki’s feet is cursed man

I know, it was only so as the legs are perpendicular to the floor to demonstrate the height, both in final and sides variants the legs are positioned legally.