Toa Hagah Canon Contest Entries (BIONICLE Canon Contest #3: Honor Guard)

Welcome to my entries for the Toa Hagah canonization contest. I’ve created all four of the Hagah for you all to take a look at.

Here’s all six of them together:

Pouks Entry Picture:

Gaaki Entry Picture:

Bomonga Entry Picture:

Kualus Entry Picture:

!

With the entries being fully digital builds I will leave the .io file at the bottom.

Breakdown pictures:
Pouks:

Gaaki:

Please note that Gaaki is supposed to be Metru blue. But I made the model Mata blue to make it easier to see.

Bomonga:

Kualus:

Here are the spear size comparisons between all six of them:

Mask Credits:
Mask of Growth: Galva
Mask of Clairvoyance: Galva
Mask of Rahi Control: Galva
Kadin, Mask of Flight: KhingK

Thingiverse Links
Mask of Growth: Mask of Growth (Toa Hagah Bomonga) by Galva - Thingiverse
Mask of Clairvoyance: Mask of Clairvoyance (Toa Hagah Gaaki) -Lovice Commission- by Galva - Thingiverse
Mask of Rahi Control: Mask of Rahi Control (Toa Hagah Kualus) -Lovice Commission- by Galva - Thingiverse
Kadin, Mask of Flight: Kanohi Kadin, Great Mask of Flight (Non-Organic) by KhingK - Thingiverse

I give consent for my mask to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: Yes
I give consent for my metallic color choice to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: Yes
I give consent for my spear tip to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: Yes

I’ve done my best to adhere to the rules and display my moccing style at the same time.
If you like these then check out my Instagram: @captngeo
or my Reddit: u/CaptainGeoMOCs

Building program: Stud.io
Download Link: https://www.bricklink.com/v3/studio/download.page

Here’s the download link to the .io file: Teridax Toa Hagah For Canonization Contest.io - Google Drive

Custom Parts Packs I used:
BioPack
KhingK’s Mask Pack
Download Link: VootCaboot's Stud.io Parts - Google Drive

https://board.ttvchannel.com/t/honor-guard-entry-list/59507

25 Likes

Awesome work Geo!

4 Likes

The light blue, white, and copper color work well together for Kualus

3 Likes

I love how Bomonga looks here, Kualus is pretty neat too!

3 Likes

Looks good. i like how you (mostly) used chrome gold/silver instead of flat gold/silver. it looks way better that way.

3 Likes

Dude, these are just spectacular

1 Like

These are really good. Among my favorites I’ve seen thus far. Here’s why:

Color. They have identity beyond being silver toa metru. The mata blue shinguards on Gaaki is a really nice touch, and also looks good on Kualus with the white. Kualus is visually distinct, almost too much so, but I’ll favor this over generic color schemes any time. Lastly, Bomonga has a good mix of gold and black too. My criticism on Pouks is that the copper (hooray for variety) blends a little too much with his native brown. It still looks fine, just unremarkable.

Now lets talk design. I think Bomonga is spot-on. I am already growing weary of upside-down torsos, but your design makes him look stock without that gimmick. I am a sucker for his bell-bottoms too. His spear is a little uninspired but it’s no big deal.

Kualus is a little generic but his color scheme makes up for it somewhat. The Kohrak-kal chestplate is a nice touch, and his shoulders are supplemented by the Nuva armor and Metru thigh guards.

Echo my thoughts for Kualus for Gaaki. Both look fine and the chestplates/spears are a good nod to their element.

Pouks is wide and that works in most respects. The Hordika armor sticks out a little weirdly. The Inika legs fit his design and his wide-ness does emulate the strength of a toa of stone. I almost want him to have longer (or thicker) arms.

Great job, this is among the best showings I’ve seen thus far. I could see myself voting for some, if not all of these.

3 Likes

Great!!:revolving_hearts::revolving_hearts::revolving_hearts::revolving_hearts:
especially their coloring!!:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Pouks is a bit lacking in color contrast, but overall I really like these. Nice work!

4 Likes

Yeah i like the models but gaakis gonna get disqualified since she has no metrublue

Kualus is really unique with a fresh take on an ice toa colour scheme! I also love Bomonga’s bell-bottom legs. The Star Wars shin guards bother me a bit-not because of being CCBS-but because they stick over the silver thus messing with the layering, but that’s a minor gripe, these are solid entries! good luck!

I very much like the incorporation of CCBS here. Bomonga’s probably m favorite of the bunch. It does feel weird having Gaaki & Kualus share shins, while all the others are unique, though.

Copper, yeah! The only thing against these (that I can note) are the shields:

It must be either held in one hand or on a characters back.

I don’t think mounted on the arm counts. But anyways, these are pretty cool and neatly simple. Good luck.

Thanks for entering! Two things before we can accept these fully.

1: Any shoulder mounted shields will need to be moved to either their backs or their hands.
2: We will need the links for the free download of any 3D printed pieces provided in the original post.

Please do that within the next three (3) days and we’ll be all good to go. Thank you!

good stuff possibly my fav entry so far but the file is dead

I believe I fixed everything and provided the information needed. If there are any other amendments that need to be done then please let me know ASAP. Thanks Eljay!

@ToaTrayax90Should be fixed now.

EDITED FOR DOUBLE POST - Spiderus Prime

1 Like

tanks but i cant access it

That colour combo on Kualus looks awesome.

1 Like

Just changed the permissions. I always overlook that step. lol

1 Like

tanks again mate