Toa Hagah Canon Contest Format Feedback

Literally who is going to build a Toa Hagah with a rey head or a ben 10 torso. Stop making up nonsense scenarios to back up why you don’t want other people to have any creative license to make something look good, and come up with an actual argument.

I think I give up. I’m done with this website. Have fun with your contests, I’m out.

1 Like

Its an exaggeration absolutely but its to illustrate my point that people want to deviate from a cannon statement to make some nonsense in a contest where creative license isn’t a thing. The contest isn’t meant to make something good its mean to make something canonically accurate if you can’t follow that or think that’s too much than that’s your issue not the contests.

1 Like

What canon statement. Greg said they have a similar appearance. Not that they use the exact same parts. I do not understand why everyone just idolizes every random statement he makes in the Q&A’s like it’s gospel. Toa are made of parts to sell toys, not in the freaking canon.

One would also think that if one or any were strikingly different in appearance that would have been noteworthy of comment at some point within the story

3 Likes

I meant the added armor – the metru torso, hips, legs, etc. would be black. (or maybe dark grey, if I was feeling bold, but I’d prefer to match the Rahaga colors)

But yeah, the existence of Stud.io does kinda defeat that point for the most part.

Well, I’ll add on this: Right now, you’re restricted to four 3d pieces, and they have to be weapons/masks. But if it’s art only… I don’t see a reason to disallow custom armor plates, shoulder pads, etc., or keep it limited to 3. They wouldn’t technically be 3d printed parts at that point, and we have a precedent for stuff like this with Nikila and Surel.

Greg said they share the same style and what’s that style the Metru style and what’s the Metru style the Metru Build or if you want to go with the word of it then yes he meant they looked similar but Greg clearly meant they share the same build and also judging by the fact that a majority of other Toa teams are copy builds one would assume that the Haga are also copy builds of each other

Also the reason people idolize him is that he’s the only person at Lego who cares about Bionicle and is the only one adding to the cannon so what he says is cannon because no one else cares or can/are/will add to the cannon

Do not double post. -Eljay

He specifically said they’re all Metru builds.

He controls the canon. This is a canon contest. It has to play by his rules.

6 Likes

Not gonna lie, reading through the last four dozen or so messages has been the most hilarious experience of my life. Thank you for providing such lucid entertainment, and remember that we’re going with a strict Metru build so the rest of y’all can take a break until the next contests roll around.

3 Likes

Aight Im gonna nip this in the bud right here.

This debate has been going on for MONTHS now.

We have asked nicely that everyone be respectful while discussing this. I have reminded people to be nice, Meso has reminded people to be nice, Meso and I have reminded people to be nice again.

I have asked people to move on from the Metru Build topic because it’s not the purpose of this topic at the moment and everyone’s stances have been explained and debated already. I am not going to have this conversation devolve into the same circlejerk of people getting mad at people for having an opinion about what does or does not constitute a build or what we should or should not be doing.

Final warning, from this point on be civil, or be suspended. Last warning.

14 Likes

Gonna try to transition topic then.
COLORS. Should there be a precedent off of the previous Hagah?

2 Likes

anything metallic is good in my book (when talking about the armor, that is), getting the shield piece in a color other than silver or metru gold is the biggest obstacle for most people there though.

3 Likes

assuming that we do have MOC contest first and an art contest second I think the best way to handle colour is to have the artists draw all four Hagah and make the ultimate decision on armor colour.

This means We can avoid uneven colour distribution.

Like say a Gold pouks, kualus and Gaaki win, and Bomonga is Gunmetal, the artist could chose to change the colours so they even out across the team

1 Like

I think anything metallic is fair game so long as its not shiny/glossy metallic as that would stand out a lil too much

2 Likes

Yeah, I think that’s fair, but should be used sparingly so as to not overwrite the winning moc if it doesn’t need to.

3 Likes

This is why I propose allowing placeholder shields/no shield on the mocs, to be redrawn in the art. Similar to the masks for Hoseryx and Artakha.

6 Likes

I agree, I’m no purist but I couldn’t bring myself to paint one of those

3 Likes

Tbh the Hagah contests should be solely art contests to design the masks and spear tips and nothing more. The entire idea of a moc contest for characters that should ideally be little more than quasi-clones of two already quasi-clone toa sets is too self contradictory to avoid setting itself up for disaster.

7 Likes

That’s also valid. (not entirely hagah related, but I feel the same about Nidhiki’s volitak too. It’s suppose to be green, but the part only exists in silver, so that’s a thing the art portion should be allowed to fix for people who can’t paint). Ideally though, if it’s just going to be the same hagah shield from 05 depicted in the artwork (which it should be), then the moc could just be left without a shield so the builder doesn’t have to spend time on a design that won’t be used.

3 Likes

Its relatively easy to convert Nuparu’s mahri shield pieces into a rhotuka shield, for a placeholder

sure, but if it’s not gonna matter anyway why bother (plus that’s still silver, so doesn’t solve the color problem anyway).