Toa Hagah Canon Contest Format Feedback

It would replicate the appearance, but not the construction. For me at least, the building process is just as important as the final product. I certainly understand that this isn’t true for everyone, though.

1 Like

Photo shopped colours swaps aren’t allowed, someone asked elj about it before.

Boy oh boy then I could disappoint you by informing you that many of the pictures of official sets are rendered in photoshopped and have color edits

1 Like

Yeah but there’s a physical set version of the art inside this is not the case for the other Hagah.

This does seem overly pedantic to me. But if its not allowed anyways theres not really a point in discussing it anyways

You underestimate me if you think I don’t already know about this and how much it bothers me about what constitutes the exact canon design.

It irritates me enough that the instructions for Nocturn forget to attach the squids to his legs like in the box design. The last thing I want is to add more discrepancies between instructions and set photographs.

Again, probably mostly just me though.

I mean, there’s a difference between making something a slightly lighter shade of green to show up better on box art, and making a red piece green.

Plus, we’re not trying to sell a toy. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

But if its an image, and its photoshopped a color, but I said its painted a color you could replicate. You never learned the difference and were completely satisfied, so it made no difference in the end being the viewer

Pretty much this. I imagine someone could “get away with it” by just not saying that the colours were edited via photoshoot. Only if it was obvious or they said that they did that would they be executed.

2 Likes

For me, when it comes to set design, the ends do not justify the means.

You’re not going to convince me that the building process isn’t important to the moc, I am extremely pedantic about how exactly a set gets built.

It is another question if the rest of the community agrees with me on this or not, and I am fully content in being the weird, odd one out on this stance if that is the case.

If you have to paint it to replicate it that’s very much against the rules let alone it being a painted part in the first place

Painted parts are allowed, though. One of the Artakha mocs was almost entirely painted.

1 Like

Uhh I’m pretty sure the rule is no painted, cut, glued, modified parts and no removing stickers although there might have been a concession for Artahka that you could paint parts so long as it was changed in the art but I don’t think that was a thing.

Edit: 8e. Painted and dyed pieces are allowed, however only monotone paint jobs are allowed. (I.e: A mask can not be painted/dyed with two colors) I guess it is a thing…kinda

There is a place where one may seek clarity on the rules.

5 Likes

I am surprised that dying parts is allowed, since that permanently changes the piece. To me, it’s almost as sinful as intentionally breaking a piece.

We’re open to modifying it to remove that. These are open to change.

3 Likes

I read over it, and did not see anything about photoshop. The color and dying being permitted leads me to believe this is okay? Unless I just somehow looked right over any photoshop rule. The use of Stud.Io being permitted makes me further believe it is alright, as it is essentially a photoshop of any part you desire, changing it to that color you choose.

Rules have been modified.

4 Likes

For all you detractors out there, here is working proof that TTV hears and listens.

Edit: Gott im Himmel this past year has made me toothless

6 Likes

Seems extremely pointless in the sense that painting the part or using a Stud.Io model of a different color accomplishes the exact same thing through different means, but eh whatever.