Toa Hagah Canon Contest Format Feedback

Agreed, but fearmongering is not moderation and I feel it could be worded more eloquently.

Yes, but anyone wanting to do a custom torso would much rather hear the exact written rules of what precisely is and isn’t allowed rather than an ‘or else’. That doesn’t help anyone.

The rule you wrote really doesn’t read like that. Obviously the TTV cast will be closely moderating everything so I didn’t feel the need to blatantly state that, instead focusing on some theoretical parameters as an example for what the specifications might look like.

At this rate I AM gonna have to make some refined rules.

Once again I must strongly urge you to stop thinking about the contest in terms of what is and isn’t a Metru build but what makes a Toa Hagah, a Toa Hagah. We can argue to the moon and back about Metru torsos but I’m personally done with that endless cycle. So let’s please define a Toa Hagah instead.

Alright, you grab your protosteel and I’ll get my adamantium.

No. You do not possess physical fictional metals to moc with and implying because the metal is fictional we can forego physical consistency is utterly absurd. If that’s not the point you’re making I don’t have any idea what is.

The pieces must be metallic in appearance or match LEGO’s palette of metallic/reflective colors. C’mon.

1 Like

Which is just one piece and even though I’m a purist it would be worse if the contest required me to paint 5 pieces just to have legal moc, imo.

Not only that but you can generally have one 3d printed piece/weapon so I rather 3d print a hagah shield and paint it.

Can we move on from arguing ceaselessly about Hagah rulings? Everyone has an opinion, but also at this point every opinion has already been said at some point or another. We’re just arguing in circles and not really accomplishing anything.

1 Like

So first and foremost size and dimensions would be the first thong to consider but it shouldn’t be the only measurement as that is to vague in my opinion, astethic and style should also be a consideration.

Yes the debate of a metru build is over because it was ridiculous to begin with… don’t see your point here I outlined exactly everything that should be obvious as a metru build to be engouraged.

Move on to what? This is about the Hagah

I have a question. Is metal red an official lego color? Bricklink doesn’t list it in their list of colors, but Brickset says that the red pieces on Turahk are metallic red.
Screen Shot 2021-03-13 at 12.29.26 PM
And I don’t know about you, but I find that some of the pieces on Turahk are a bit shiner than their toa Counterpart’s pieces (And I presume the same goes for the other rahkshi’s pieces). Which source is more accurate?

2 Likes

I’d trust Lego

idk, something that accomplishes something instead of random people taking someone disagreeing with them personally and then getting into arguments that at 100 posts long that ultimately do nothing.

Well if you come up with something I’m all for it

Metru rulings, yeah, but not Hagah. That discussion needs to be had and the circles need to be run.

On that note, I’m going to go finally make a dummy Norik and do some measuring so we can have an actual definition of the limitations of Metru/Hagah measurement for custom torsos.

Which is why I mentioned armor, spear, shield, color of armor, and this:

So uh… yeah.

Please stop instigating. It’s not helping anybody here.

All the Rahkshi colors are reflective and shinier than their normal counterparts - even black. I’m very undecided on that front and this is a TTV call rather than mine solely because I really don’t know. If LEGO refers to them as metallic that qualifies them but I’m not really sure if I do, or if I would use any of the Rahkshi colors in my moc.

4 Likes

The discussion has been being had for three days, to an exhaustive amount of bickering with only a small amount of useful information. The next step at this point is a poll from TTV themselves, not half a dozen people enforcing their own opinion over and over again.

1 Like

Some people want to try to hash it down further. You don’t have to keep interacting with it if you feel its not doing anything for you

I want to be able to interact but understand it is futile if we just keep going in circles.

Well if you can’t find a different valid point of discussion then you’ll be disappointed to find people still find it worth trying to discuss it. So… enjoy I guess?
Who knows, you may sway someone yet.
Or we could discuss gear function. In my opinion I think the winning moc should be able to have gear function. Anyone else?

Technically “You don’t have to keep interacting with the discussion if you don’t like it” is irrelevant when you’re only having this discussion at my mercy.

We’re working on it, and at this point everything that could possibly have been said has been said. Now if anyone has anything they’d like to add beyond “Metru Torso Required,” “Custom Bad,” or “Make it a total free for all” I’m all ears, but if this conversation is going to continue in this circle of solutions suggested eventually just devolving into snark and “MUH METRU BUILD” then for the love of all that is holy at least try not to all be so stubborn about it? I don’t want to suspend people just for having conversations, but I’ve also been saying for three days now to play nice and it’s always the same people who somehow manage to forget that.

Six months this conversation has been going in circles like this. Seriously guys, something is deeply wrong when Ghid is the most reasonable person in the discussion.

17 Likes

yeah, I decided to back off when I realized that.

someone send help he’s in my head

6 Likes

Listen to Kini
Something is seriously wrong

OKAY so with my measurements I also nabbed stupidly large pictures which for some reason I cannot shrink the file size of! so I cropped them in MS paint like a true professional ok here they are

With the assistance of Metru Mike, my lovely mangled corpse of a moc from a long time ago, I will show you any and all physical variation of the Metru torso! Whoopie doo

This is the shoulder width with and without bushings. 5 stud width without bushings and 7 stud width with bushings. Also yes that is a red pin, is your blood seething yet?

The measurement of the hips is 5 stud width from ball center to ball center and one stud down to account for the geared center portion of the piece. I don’t know if TTV or anyone wants to get literally that specific with it but I will do my duty regardless.

With the Iruini-style torso armor, it adds one unit worth to the depth of the torso, which from the shoulder is 3 studs’ worth. The distance from shoulder to back extension is also 3 studs’ worth, for anyone curious.

And the Norik-style torso adds two units, making it 4 studs’ worth from the shoulder. For those still curious, the back is still 3 studs’ worth.

Now I literally did not get a picture of the measurement of the hips’ distance from the torso when at its closest configuration, so you will have to take my word for it that it’s 4 studs’ worth. Please believe me.

Here is the second configuration, which is - you guessed it - five studs’ worth. Iruini is so proud of his emaciated waist. Ok apparently not Ok apparently actually yes

Here is the third and last normal configuration, which sits at 6 studs’ worth. Angle made this difficult to prove and I highly recommend someone crosscheck me on all of this.
EDIT: Apparently Iruini is actually THIS tall and THIS emaciated get the dude a sandwich my goodness
EDIT EDIT: No I was right the first time, get him half a sandwich

And here, for the absolutely mentally ill, is the most ludicrous hip placement I have ever seen in my life. It’s technically possible, but it could not possibly stand without other parts built around it to keep it remotely sturdy. If you make a moc with this, you have a problem. This orientation sits at 7 studs’ worth.

EDIT: I am stupid tiny brain dumb dumb I cannot believe I completely forgot: you can just push the hips up into the gearbox area which makes the smallest configuration 3 studs from hip ball to top midsection axle. I apologize I am literally dumb brain

And uh… That’s it. Neck differences are yours to determine and I don’t think that anyone’s going to make too stupid of a neck, but again, your decision. Let me know what you guys thought of Metru Mike’s performance.

10 Likes

n-no

impossible

I may have misinterpreted you I think

Either way, here is Iruini’s hips, only two pinholes remaining

V I think I just read your post in the wrong order, my B

1 Like

hey wait, I was right

I was right

7 Likes