Toa Hagah Canon Contest Survey and Final Q&A

For example, if someone submits an entry with a Mantax claw as a “spear”. Even if it’s allowed, I wouldn’t vote for it, because that doesn’t make a good spear – the pointy end is on the side, not the tip. Or something like Turaga Matau’s staff, which is a saw, or a Piraka weapon, which would be way too big to serve as a ‘spear’.

I wouldn’t vote for any of these, and I imagine many people wouldn’t.

I choose to take this as a compliment.

3 Likes

Those are extreme examples. You said “isn’t really a spear” … except that neither of the existing Hagah really have spears. One has a shovel and the other has a glorified fork.

3 Likes

Well, yeah, they’re extreme, because I wanted examples the most people would agree with.

How about I put it this way: people likely won’t vote for entries that push their definition of ‘spear’ too far. I think most people would agree the examples I listed are too far and aren’t spears, and the two Hagah we have can be considered ‘spears’. Where the line is will vary from person to person, of course – for example, one of my entries uses a Crystal Spike, which some people might argue is not a good ‘spear’.

3 Likes

I imagine that the next contests won’t have that many discussions, and won’t be that fun to read for the TTV staff.

2 Likes

It’s true that people will prefer other spearsheads than others. My current moc uses a Nuva chest, which is triangular, but also very fat and blunt.

One thing I’ll also note about the terminology of spears: BIONICLE is also a toyline marketed to children. Many weapons could be classified as something else, but lego opts for more widely recognizable names. The average seven year old likely knows what a spear is but not a pole-arm.

5 Likes

Go to jail

6 Likes

Aight, I’m using a midak skyblaster as a spear tip confirmed

13 Likes

I mean you can try

You might think that this guy is joking, but quite frankly, I think his boldness and creativitiy is inspearing

12 Likes

ok you weren’t even trying that time

just get to the point if you’ve got one

9 Likes

I think most of the opinions in this topic are skewered

6 Likes

What, you can’t handle a few spear puns?

9 Likes

Nah, any more and he’ll tip over.

10 Likes

Coming into this pun train late makes you feel like you got the short end of the stick. Funny, this whole thread was suppose to be a pole. I thought that one was bad but honestly, halberd could it be?

10 Likes

Didn’t Ghid make a puntainment thread for this

6 Likes

Although to be fair, I haven’t really interacted with this topic too much. Maybe I should give a stab at it.

6 Likes

this is eerily similar to the rp death I pun’d into eternity

please, keep it up

4 Likes

But keep it original, don’t just reposte old puns.

5 Likes

Puns aside, I hope the Hagah get a satisfying aspearance

9 Likes

you disgust me.

there is no such thing.

1 Like