Toa Hagah: Gaaki, Bomonga, Pouks and Kualus (Bionicle Canon Contest #3: Honor Guard)

These are my four entries to the Hagah canon contest.

I give consent for my mask to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: (Yes)

I give consent for my metallic color choice to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: (Yes)

I give consent for my spear tip to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: (Yes)

My goal for these was to keep them as close to the two Hagah sets as possible, with builds that could have been released alongside those two sets.

Regarding the secondary colours: For Kualus, Pouks and Bomonga, I decided against implementing matching black pieces as seen on Iruni and Norik because they didn’t work with the primary colour (or in the case of Bomonga, made the model too monotone), and instead chose to replace them with colours that are more complementary to the primary colour of each model. I don’t consider this to be an ‘additional’ colour as the original two Hagah use black on more prominent pieces than just connectors and pins / axles, so they too have a primary, secondary and a metallic colour.

Here they are alongside the existing two Hagah:

And a few more group shots of just these four:

Individual showcases:

Gaaki:

Bomonga:

Pouks:

Kualus:

Cheers for taking a look at my Hagah MOCs!

22 Likes

I actually quite like these entries.

1 Like

Having three of them use a Nuva chest armor is a bit of a weird choice to me but overall I like these. I’m assuming the Avohkii and the Hydraxon mask will be changed in the art

Why did the Toa Hagah need to steal the Avohkii when all they could’ve done was rip off one of Pouks’ pauldrons?

/s

1 Like

Yeah I’m not entirely happy with having used it three times, but I tried countless other pieces as chest armour and none of them worked as well in my opinion. Doesn’t really bother me with all 6 together though, which is how I was looking at them throughout the building process

Or just steal Bomonga’s mask

/s

1 Like

I think the blue on kualus really helps with the “Toa of light” problem, making it clear he’s still ice.

4 Likes

Gaaki looks great here. I like the choice of spear-tip and especially her shoulder armor.

Bomonga and Pouks are pretty good, though Pouks’s neck looks a bit strange from the back. Kualas’s flat gold doesn’t quite work for me. It may be the addition of the blue that makes it strange, as I don’t feel it goes well with the gold.

Thanks! Kualus’s secondary colour is actually the sand blue found in Vezok, only just noticed how much it looks like light blue in the photos. It’s all down to personal preference but it definitely looks better irl with that in mind!