Toa Hagah Kualus digital art (BIONICLE Canon Contest #3: Honor Guard)

this is my first time in a contest, but anyway, this is my version of toa hagah kualus,i hope you like it :slightly_smiling_face:

(kualus talking to a bird.)

(I used the makooti mask to make this one, decided to remove one of the circular eyes and use the other as a telescope. Two versions with the metallic mask and one with the white mask)

(There’s nothing complex about the weapons, the shield follows the pattern of the toa hagah, and the sub-zero spear has a real sharpened blade to take down vizoraks.)

I do not give consent to change the mask
I give consent to alter the spear and ecudo hagah

68 Likes

Oh man this is a great looking Kualus this is definitely getting my vote!

3 Likes

Real good. You should participate in the group shot contest when that one comes around, too. I’m sure you’d smash that one out of the park.

10 Likes

The art looks great but the lack of discernible bionicle pieces is a bit disappointing to me.

5 Likes

This is quite a nice-looking Kualus.

3 Likes

As always, great drawing. I’m a little worried about the lack of white in your drawing. I understand that it is because he is in the night, but I am not sure how fussy the moderators would be in that regard.

4 Likes

Man, what is it with all the standalone Kualus art entries? Every art entry I see seems to be Kualus.

As for the art itself, this is amazing, just like everything else you’ve been posting recently. I appreciate that you went for you own custom details, rather than replicating existing Lego parts.

3 Likes

Alright, this is the Kualus I’m voting for.

Although… You may need to update the mask to the metallic blue(?) you’re using as it appears to be white at this point.

5 Likes

@TheJerminator Thank you! i was quite surprised when i heard there were more kualus drawings :sweat_smile:

thank you! And yes, the mask is white. I tried using metallic blue before but I didn’t like the result so much.

EDITED FOR DOUBLE POST - Spiderus Prime

4 Likes

Yeah, most of the art has been exclusively of Kualus, which is strange.

But uhhh, fantastic piece as always.

I think that’s against the rules, as I believe the mask has to be metallic, like the armor.

6 Likes

From what i read again now, it seems so, i don’t know if i can still change them

2 Likes

Dang, you people are making it tough to choose!

Awesome job! That is one killer mask design!

2 Likes

You’ve got my vote for Kualus, this is a fantastic piece of art, the mask is a really great design 10/10

3 Likes

I was going to say you forgot to write down your consent preferences, but if you don’t have time to change the mask colour, you might actually be able to get away with it by consenting to a mask change… maybe

3 Likes

It’s because he’s the Kualus-t Toa Hagah.

5 Likes

Even if this doesn’t go the distance in the first competition, I really hope people consider the mask design here for the next round.

6 Likes

This looks so cool, i suspect thsu and Perp3tuals work will be in the finals! Great work, just wish you could see more bionicle parts in it.

3 Likes

Is the chest armor supposed to be an existing piece?

1 Like

I really hope this wins! You have a great style and I’m a fan of your design choices for Kualus. The mask is especially fantastic, fusing all sorts of inspiration into a new, unique design.

2 Likes