Toa Hagah Pouks (Honor Guard Canon Contest)

(On the topic of the Honor Guard contest)

Link to renders: toa pouks - Google Drawings

File: toapouks.io - Google Drive

I give consent for my mask to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: Yes
I give consent for my metallic color choice to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: Yes
I give consent for my spear tip to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: Yes

4 Likes

I’m not sure how this keeps on getting misunderstood, but you have to link this topic in that topic. Not the other way around.

You need to upload it to an external site and link it here. Google Docs will accept the .IO files.

In addition, you need to provide a size comparison with Whenua or Iruini. Please do all of this within the next three (3) days.

2 Likes

It looks pretty cool in render, and I am highly in favor of a magenta/purple eyed Pouks, but how would the legs’ Barraki armor work? That armor piece does not allow itself to be placed in so far flush to the socket leg piece. This seems illegal to me. @Eljay, does this fall between the cracks of the rules, since it can be created digitally and is viable for artwork, even if it can’t be replicated using the physical pieces it imitates?

1 Like

Well, it can be replicated, but certainly not like that. It’s recommended that be considered for changing. We’ll discuss it.

Finally, someone did this

Did what?

Reversed torso

I think that there was one Pouks with an inverted torso entered before this one. I’m not sure how I feel about inverted torsos yet…

1 Like

Alright, I’ll try and fix that right quick.
Edit: I couldn’t attach it to a google docs either.

@Kanohi_Cantri Yes, the leg armor attachment (I’m pretty sure.) is possible.

Edited for Triple Post - BioKnight

You should be able to upload it to google drive.

it isn’t, not the way it’s attached on your model

Did you try it irl? From how I see it, it looks completely possible

I did

There’s some clipping in the render, so it’s definitely not possible.

If you can’t provide the .IO file, we cannot accept the entry.

i edited my post and attached the file, sorry for the inconvenience

1 Like

No worries, thank you so much and best of luck!

3 Likes

I like the use of the Carapar armor, it complements the upside down torso nicely.

I’m not normally a fan of the flipped torso, but I think it works okay here.

All right, let’s settle this:
attaching the piece to the outer axle hole? Completely possible.
Attaching it to the inner hole? There’s two supports on the armor piece that get in the way of the sides of the lower legs.

I would say it’s fine, since it could be modified in the art to be buildable

1 Like

neat, good luck

1 Like