Toa Hagah Pouks

“Sometimes you charge like a Kikanalo, and sometimes you sneak like a stone rat. They both work.”

Finally showing off my version of Pouks on the Internet. Made him back in December for the TTV contests (painting and all), but the delay’s been going longer than I thought. I hope you like him :slight_smile:

49 Likes

Looks quite nice, the painted Nuva chestplate came out really well.

2 Likes

Nicely done man. I remember when you first started working on this and I’m glad the paintjob turned out great.

2 Likes

I concur about the paint job. Looks great. The brown and that color blue go so well together.

3 Likes

really unique and interesting color scheme!

2 Likes

Very nice. The color scheme is attractive. Did you make the mask, too? It almost looks like a non-shapeshifted Jutlin, but it works nicely as his Mask of Emulation.

2 Likes

I think that is the canon shape of the Mask of Emulation, as seen from the side in a comic. That’s the image that’s been on BS01 for the last while, at least.

3 Likes

Design-wise, no. The Mask of Emulation was designed by KhingK. I also had it commissioned/resin-printed by BIO4SALE on Etsy. Only thing I did to the mask was paint/file it.

1 Like

Well, if you do plan to enter it into the contest, it should be noted that Pouks’ mask isn’t shaped like a mask of emulation.

1 Like

OP didn’t specify its power, so its shape doesn’t matter. This is prolly the best Pouks I’ve seen; let it pass, man.

EDIT: Just remembered this is because that’s actually his mask power. If Iruini can have a mask forged in the likeness of another of that Kanohi, so can Pouks.

2 Likes

I kind of want this whole “kanohi but in the shape of another” thing to be retconned.

6 Likes

Greg has specified that they all have ‘wrong-shaped’ masks except iruini.

1 Like

well maybe greg should un-say that

9 Likes

Can we not get into this? Enjoy the moc for what it is instead of getting into pedantics.

8 Likes

In the interest of actually commenting on the moc:

Is the shield painted? Or is it just silver?
The greyish silver look almost makes it look like a clay figure. Not that that’s a bad thing, just an observation.
Are those shoulders attached by half a pin?! That’s gonna stress the piece, stop it!
Great upper leg design.

2 Likes

are you telling me there’s a limited number of 2L friction pins and we have to conserve them by not damaging them

1 Like

OK, point taken.

Still causes me as much stress as the piece, though.

2 Likes

For what it’s worth, I totally agree.

I know people rip on Greg for retconning stuff, but I wouldn’t mind if he completely retconned the wrong shapes. Even Norik’s.

In the interest of staying on topic, this is a really good build.

It does its own thing beyond the standards set by Norik and Iruini, yet it totally fits in with them. Plus, I appreciate the use of a new colour. The painted parts match it really well.

4 Likes

Oh, huh, you’re right. I did not know that. That’s obscure. :stuck_out_tongue:

The painting is well done. Great work.

2 Likes

This is the one I am voting for! Mask of Emulatiion :ok_hand:

3 Likes