Toa Hagah Revamped (Inika Scale)

Since I’ve done the Toa Mata and Toa Metru, next on the chopping block is the Toa Hagah

I’ve had these guys built since around December but only recently got around to painting them, safe to say I’m fairly happy with the outcome, please enjoy!

Norik:

Iruini:

Gaaki:

Pouks:

Bomonga:

Kualus:

Mask Clairvoyance (SpecterL ver.) + Champions Kakama by Galva_Nise
Mask of Growth (Perp3tual ver.) by Rothanak
Mask of Sensory Aptitude by KhingK

Bonus pics for any sticklers for “canon”:

Kanohi Faxon by Galva_Nise, modified by myself
All masks printed and painted by me

35 Likes

Really solid builds, and certainly an improvement over the metru build

4 Likes

looks great!
pouks and kualus look the best!

2 Likes

These are some pretty good revamps! The build for each is great and I like how consistent they look while also being unique.

1 Like

Extra thicc

1 Like

These are all really cool, it’s nice to see the Hagah with a less restricted build format. They look even better built irl, that was definitely a surprise!

Nice paint matches btw.

3 Likes

wow, these are great

1 Like

I like these; they look significantly larger and bulkier, while still maintaining good proportions.

Also:

What’s happening here? It is just photoshopped, or did you actually print a custom merged mask?

3 Likes

Yes, I edited Galvas Faxon model to have cheeks similar to Noriks Pehkui inspired by BionicleChicken’s artwork of Bomonga:

In my opinion, this particular Faxon model is a bit on the small side, especially on the scaled up builds, so it adds some extra heft to his head.

The Metallic Green colour is shopped though :+1:

7 Likes

How do those torsos work? They look epic!

1 Like

Cool; I’ve seen that artwork before, but I never noticed the different mask.

1 Like

Usually I’ll start with this frame (centre)

…then make adjustments accordingly to fit the chest armour I want as well other minor things like swapping some pieces if there are colour limitations or broadening the shoulders to suit the Toa (eg: Tahu Mata and Pouks have this)

Gif of basic torso assembly: Torso Assy - Album on Imgur

5 Likes

Thanks! I just used it last night to make this guy: Whenua, hero of Metru Nui.

3 Likes

Very cool! There’s some minor things that aren’t to my personal taste, but that’s more due to color limitations than anything serious. I think Norik and Iruini are probably my favorites. Really excellent paint matching too!

4 Likes