Toa Hagah - The Greatest of Toa (Canon Contest #3: Honor Guard)

Here is my entry pic for the Toa Hagah Canon Contest. After weeks of work, I am finally uploading my submission. Most of my work was put into making custom kanohi in blender for the four missing Toa.

Here are the Toa:

Kualus: Toa Hagah of Ice

Element: Ice
Mask: Great Mask of Rahi Control
Weapons: Rhotuka Shield, Sub-Zero Spear
For Toa Kualus I chose flat dark gold as his metallic color. Although it makes him look a bit like a Toa of light, I thought his other features would differentiate him from one.

Gaaki: Toa Hagah of Water

Element: Water
Mask: Great Mask of Clairvoyance
Weapons: Rhotuka Shield, Tidal Spear
For Toa Gaaki, I made her metallic color flat dark gold as well. For her spear tip, I chose a trident. I thought the Barraki armor for her shoulders would give her a very aquatic look.

Bomonga: Toa Hagah of Earth

Element: Earth
Mask: Great Mask of Growth
Weapons: Rhotuka Shield, Seismic Spear
For Toa Bomonga, I made his metallic color flat silver. I wanted to give him a heavier look, hence his Vahki legs as both legs and arms, and the Hydraxon boomerangs on his shoulders. I also thought a drill spear would look awesome.

Pouks: Toa Hagah of Stone

Element: Stone
Mask: Great Mask of Emulation
Weapons: Rhotuka Shield, Avalanche Spear
Finally, here is Pouks. I chose to make his metallic color flat silver as well. On his kanohi, I put a “scanner” over his right eye for his mask ability, scanning and using others’ abilities.

Here are the front, back, and side views of the toa, for some reason Gaaki still has her gear function instead of the ball joints, but it is fine.

Here is the height comparison to show that all the Toa are taller than Whenua, but still shorter that Iruini.

Here is the breakdown picture

Here is a comparison of the spears

In addition, here is a close-up of the kanohi

I give consent for my mask to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: No
I give consent for my metallic color choice to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: No
I give consent for my spear tip to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: No

Almost Forgot! Heres the files for the masks
Clairvoyance: CompleteMaskOfClairvoyance.blend - Google Drive

Rahi Control: CompleteMaskOfRahiControl.blend - Google Drive

Emulation: CompleteMaskofEmulation.blend - Google Drive

Growth: CompleteMaskofGrowth.blend - Google Drive

Thank you for viewing my submission! criticism is welcome.

20 Likes

Interesting.Are they rendered in blender or something similar?

They look really cool.

1 Like

Thank you, they were rendered in blender.

1 Like

:+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

I like the eye on pokus’ mask

1 Like

Thanks!

Tbh they could be some I would vote for. I’m just a little put of by the masks but I could easily replace those. (Not saying that the masks are bad just that I want them not to have custom masks)

1 Like

Well…

2 Likes

It is lego so you could replace it with whatever you want

1 Like

I mean, like, if you want to go with results of contest canon, masks will be issue for them, if your entry win. And if you don’t, no need to stick to specific entries of this at all

1 Like

But its not like Im gonna enter the art contest. And most of my builds are modified from their normal look. Helryx is completely different with only a few similarities

1 Like

One of the best gold armor schemes with Kualus. Very impressive build.

Thanks! I appreciate you replying on this after 2 months.