Toa Hagah

I love how you used clear design patterns for who gets which torso armor and who gets long or stocky legs.
I also like how some of your custom Masks look a bit like ones we know, since they are meant to look like other masks from heroes past.

3 Likes

I do love these, I thinik if they were entered into the contest I’d vote for them. What really sells me on your mocs are the team cohesion and the uniformity of the team.

2 Likes

@Marzipancutter
What you refer is the points which I specially formulate in design.
So it’s very glad to me that you praise that points.

@Tarkur
Thank you.
I’m sad because my Toa Hagah are unqualified.
But l’m so happy more because people who say like you exist.

1 Like

This contest went fast. Congrats to the winner!

1 Like

I’m honored and that is undeserved praise to me.
But I will respect legally formal contest winner.

@Judgement don’t double post please. Double posting refers to posting twice in a row. If you want to reply to two different people, then do this:

@Example thank you!

@Example I don’tt agree with that

here is a topic on double posting

I would’ve voted for these. These are most likely the only ones that’ll actually take the two existing Hagah into consideration and copying their traits.
You’ve remembered to give some of them black torso pieces, to make the upper limbs the same colour as the lower ones, you’ve made sure to use Nuva shoulders for the silver-armoured ones instead of a more complex shoulder, you’ve kept the gear function and friction-pin arm, you’ve even painted the spinners to match with their colours.

These are, without a doubt, the best and most faithful Hagah I have ever, and probably will ever see.
I don’t care who wins the contest, these are canon to me now.

6 Likes

@Cordax
Sorry. I’m first here today so I don’t know that.
I will do so. Thank you.

@Monopoly
Your comment is best eulogy to me.
Actually I cared about detailed things like torso color.
But I thought that there will be few peolpe who notice these considerations.
So, for me, Your comment is more worthy than contest win.
I thank you from the heart.

3 Likes

It’s all good!

I love them, I specially like bomonga, good job.

Wow! A Very nice looking, cohesive looking Toa team! Well done

The only problem is really the mask usage. Using these masks means they now can NOT be the mask in which they actually are, thus creating new unknown mask shapes.
They also look EXTREMELY cohesive… maybe even unnecessarily so. The Hagah are supposed to come from different backgrounds and locations so being so uncanny to each other seems a little… off to me.
Regardless, these are very beautiful and extremely aesthetically appealing.

1 Like

@CDrifter
When I upload this topic, I scared about criticism.
But now I’m so glad because so many people love my arts like you :slight_smile:

@B3njix
Bomonga has most painted pieces so much carefully made.
So I feel affinity to Bomonga too. thank you!

@theBolderBoulder
I think the strategy that put emphasis on unity is well successed. thank you.

@Takutanuva
About masks, because of my immature english so I don’t understand what you try to say exactly.
I’m sorry about nonresponse to your precious criticism.
And about cohesiveness, I intended that in design.
Although I know that Toa Hagah are from different teams, I want to make them similarly for my aesthetic.
Even if my Toa Hagah is put emphasis on unity, I look for some other designs which put more emphasis on individual uniqueness in contest.
Thank you for your quality comment.

4 Likes

They look very nice as a team. The only thing I would say is that they’re possibly a bit too repetitive. As in all the silver-armored Toa have Nuva shoulders and Rahkshi legs, and all the gold-armoured Toa and Vahki legs, as well as mirrored chest armour.

@Takutanuva are you saying that new shapes wont necessarily be tied to the mask power? I’ve seen that concern but think it’s basically moot; I don’t think the fanbase would make things more complicated by presuming them to be anything else.

3 Likes

Its not that WE are making things more complicated. We already have direct clarification from Greg that only Iruini has the correct mask shape. The other five have masks shaped differently in accordance to the power. So if you use these masks, you are essentially saying they can NOT be in the according power.

ooh! very nice.

To do the @ thing, you can’t have a space between the @ and the persons username.

@CalamitousT
About cohesiveness, I intended that in design.
Although I know that Toa Hagah are from different teams, I want to make them similarly for my aesthetic.
Even if my Toa Hagah is put emphasis on unity, I look for some other designs which put more emphasis on individual uniqueness in contest.
Thank you for your quality comment.

@N01InParticular
thank you so much!

@Cordax
Oops, okay. I revised them

1 Like

Did you get 3 Norik and Irunis, or did you bricklink the peices?

It applys to former, not latter.

1 Like