Toa Hamlen, Leader of the Toa Fera

Toa Hamlen, once a Toa of Sonics and the embodiment of Protection and Justice, is dead. In his place is a twisted shadowy figure who failed. At least that’s what the matoran say.

In fact Toa Hamlen is still very much alive and well, and is still protecting his island home from the shadows. Unfortunately due to an accident several hundred years ago his mask became corrupted and stained with darkness, slowly and surely draining him of his light and elemental abilities. While he still retains a bit of his elemental power, he has forsaken the light and the Toa code due to his past, but still continues to protect the matoran as he does still care about them, and it is what his brother would do.

He was once paired with another Toa of sonic whom he considered his closest ally and confidant. They were like two sides of the same coin, twins if you would. However, after his corruption a mistake made by his brother, and distrust of Hamlen by the matoran they were protecting led to his death. Now Hamlen carries around a carved replica of his brothers face where he keeps his brother’s mask. (not pictured, I have misplaced the mask and as such can’t put it in pictures yet)

Hamlen carries a sword that is a twisted form of his beloved brother’s weapon, and a blaster of ~Yet to be determined lore~ Although he rarely uses them

Hamlen after years of his corruption has developed retractable claws and has become obscenley skilled at using them. He fights with ruthlessness and wild vigor, aiming to kill any enemy he fights unless he sees that they can be redeemed. Using nothing but his claws and masks he has defeated a Rhaski piloted by a Shadow Krata, and an entire swarm of bohrok single handedly.

Ultimately He hates being corrupted in this way and wishes he could undo what has been done to him.

Over the years he has met other Toa who have been deemed failures and they have joined together to form the Toa Fera.

This Moc is my selfmoc, and the prototype for a revamped Toa Mata project i am working on. He is fully poseable with waist articulation, and has a dual arm gear function that has great friction making a whole bunch of poses possible. The other members of the Toa Fera are planned to be the prototypes of other projects i have planned, so I will introduce them in the future when I finish them. If anyone would like to hear more of the lore, or see a breakdown of the build let me know! I’d be happy to oblige. Eventually I will post those Toa Mata Mocs I mentioned above, and Mocs of Hamlen and his brother pre corruption, but I will also likely post more of this guy too. I love him.
Yes, he is a Drama Queen, and yes he is based off of Hamlet just a tad.

I am also working on an entry to Duckbrick’s fannon contest, so stay tuned for that i guess?

Credit for the waist articulators you see used goes to; Toa Orde, the First man (ver.Bu / MOC for canon contest) (I dunno if I used the exact design, but he did inspire them)

The name Toa Fera btw means Failure Toa, which I was able to form thatnks to the Matoric Dictionary found here; outofgloom on Tumblr (thank you so much outofgloom! i love this dictionary and am attempting to learn matoric thanks to it!)

Sorry if the pics are bad, they were taken on my phone, I used a pool table as a stage, and the cover of that pool table of the backdrop…

Final picture;

Paint me like one of your French girls

10 Likes

Ah this moc looks very creepy. Build-wise I’d say the best part is the torso, the pistons and gears look really good and it’s awesome that they are functional. Limbs are a bit simple but there’s nothing wrong with that. The lore is interesting too, overall very nicely done.

2 Likes

cool , i love the torso

2 Likes

The torso is quite nice, evocative of a Mata Torso.

2 Likes

Thank you!! I tried really hard on it. I did purposely make the limbs a bit simple as I wanted to go for an emancipated and skeletal look. Both him and his brother have a bit thicker limbs when he’s uncorrupted, but only a bit because of armor pieces. The Toa Mata builds that I am working on using this body have custom-built limbs that aren’t as simple. I should be posting them soon, I have the mocs done, just gotta pose and render them…

1 Like

Thank you! It means a lot to hear that, cause the torso is a prototype build I made for Toa Mata revamps I am working on!!!