Toa Helryx (ver. iylv)

ezgif.com-video-to-gif

Thumbnail Background by Andrew31kbrick193

And the clean version (I might have went overboard with the weathering)
Ignoring the weathering artefacts, it’s a 100% legal build.

I’ll consider re-rendering her with more moody lighting, but it’s not a priority. Either way, I figured out a workflow to have detailed weathering while rendering lightning fast.

Also, more standalone renders of just the Kanohi, and yes, you can assemble it like 08 Gali’s Kaukau (there’s even a waffle eye variant, if you choose to use it as an adaptive KauKau replacement)
IMG_0314
IMG_0315

21 Likes

That’s…a lot of renders. But the weathering in those renders do look really cool.

3 Likes

It used to take me forever to render.

Now I figured out that if I spent maybe 1/2 an hour baking the weathring in cycles, I can literally render the rest in seconds.

So much faster at doing 360 spins (which I have the frame for), plus I can always redo the lighting.

Or even alternate colour schemes!

3 Likes

ah wow
these renders look great, and i’m loving the added teal to the model!

3 Likes

The teal was supposed to be weathering… sure I might have overdone it.

But as Bob Ross said, no mistakes, only happy little accidents.

Speaking of happy accidents, the version with the glowing mask straight up looks like Kyogre.

There’s always option to paint the recesses with glow in the dark paint to achieve it IRL (just post pictures of your prints, ■■■■■■■ it. I won’t have access to my resin printer for the next year, and that’s assuming I don’t sell it off cause resin printing is about as toxic as me in an online political debate).

4 Likes

How is it that I saw this but never commented on it…

For some reason this look gives me cosmonaut vibes for Helryx, which… actually works pretty well, I think. I can imagine her in her early days exploring and following psychometric clues with her mask. Very nice, iylv!

3 Likes

Because I’ve only recently returned to submit my Chiara entry.

Interesting associate you have, because I always thought this was more of a kyogre look. I’m not huge into pokemon and I didn’t reference kyogre, but when I was done, the techlines just looked like pokemon whale.

3 Likes