Toa Knight Defilak, The Warrior of The Pit

" Perhaps living so long in this night-black water has made us see only darkness in others. "
— Defilak, Prisoners of the Pit .

The leader of the council of Mahri Nui joins the Toa Knights!

One of the survivors of the Pit, he has always done his best for his city as a matoran and now he does it for the Kingdom as Toa. With his new Electro-Blades and his new Cordak Blaster, he was able to single-handedly a barraki rebellion in the early Kingdom. Thanks for the mutating effects of the Pit’s waters, despite being a Toa of the Air, he is able to breathe and move around very well underwater.

He fights for the peace of the Kingdom, but beyond that, he still fights in the name of the ancient Mahri Nui, always trying to clear the Mahri name of the disgrace that is conceived to it due to the Toa Mahri’s failure. 10,000 years have passed and he still regrets having conceived the name of his city for that group of Toas, he regrets even more for having trusted Matoro.

Concepts and inspirations

We know that Defilak was a reconstructed matoran, the Pit’s waters mutated him and “corrected” Karzahni’s flaws. We also know that he was the leader of the Mahri Nui council, which, let’s face it, is literally the most dangerous matoran city we’ve ever known, not because of the inhabitants but because of the environment, where everything is potentially dangerous. If their life support fails, they drown, there’s the constant threat of the Barraki and other escaped prisoners, and a bunch of dangerous Rahis prowling around.

So, for me, Defilak is one hell of a survivor and a really ■■■■■■ warrior! And his Toa form, for me, has to be as ■■■■■■ as he was!

So I made his set pretty big compared to the other Toas Knights I made. It’s still supposed to be similar to its matoran form, just like the other sets, but this one has the flexible torso, which I only got because I was inspired by @jox_builds Nidhiki’s torso. His new blade is an evolved version of the matoran. Replaces your ball blaster with a custom retractable Cordak Blaster. And finally, I put a “backpack” on his back that is always replenished with oxygen, taken from the air or from the water, to help you have a supply of air for your attacks or to survive underwater.

34 Likes

Sick as hell. Pretty much perfect conceptually imo- plus those types of torsos are hard to pull off so nice job.

6 Likes

This is awesome, great work! This is probably my favorite of the team so far.

5 Likes

I really like the reinterpretation of the mahri blades and shoulder launcher, though I feel like his shoulders shouldve been a little bit wider to go with the original set.
another great moc either way though, keep it up!

5 Likes

Nice swords

5 Likes

Love the lanky proportions!

5 Likes

I really like how you made that blaster!

5 Likes

Nice! I love that custom Cordak Blaster!

5 Likes

Ah Toa Defilak here looks great! Very nice moc, the armor is pretty cool and I really like the aesthetic your Kingdom Toa have. The lore is good as well.

4 Likes

The Cordak Blaster is a nice nod to 2007.

5 Likes

I feel like you should upgrade your matoren for yourself moc. It just looks better fully upgraded.

2 Likes