Toa Knight Kapura, The Soul of Movement

Toa Knight Kapura, The Soul of Movement.

" It is as Vakama said. I practiced and became skilled. I now know the secret art of traveling great distances by moving very slowly. It is only a small matter for me to be wherever I am not. It is a useful skill.* "
— Kapura, Mata Nui Online Game

" Courage is the soul of movement. You must have courage or you will be frozen. Fear stops all. Courage defeats Fear. "
— Kapura, Mata Nui Online Game II: The Final Chronicle

The first member of the Chronicler’s Company, he now joins the Toa Knights.
Your spirit burns according to your willpower, reflected in the flames that run through your body. He’s been part of Ta-koro’s honor guard, he’s fought the bohrok, he’s helped his friends whenever he can. Now he is given the power he lacked to do more.

His shield is powerful enough to resist the hottest lava, being able to surf on it, a technique he learned from the Toa Tahu in Ta-Koro. His weapon is the Lava Spear, capable of controlling lava and melding even the strongest metal of the Kingdom.

Thanks to the training he received from the turaga vakama, he is also one of the fastest toa of his generation. Often times not even moving to be somewhere else. It is said throughout the Kingdom that when you feel a hot gale, it is the Toa Kapura going from a place to another.

Toa Knight Kapura: art concept

Fire: Kapura in Maori means fire, so I made this toa very flaming, with flames coming out of his entire body. Also, I like to play it as if all of Kapura’s courage and willpower is reflected in his flames. His feelings also directly reflect the amount of flame and heat he releases through his body. Normally he is always on fire, except in two moments: when he is in a state of emotional control, he is extremely calm or when he activates the “movement” mode because he concentrates all his flames only on his turbines.

Movement: Kapura learned the secret art of traveling very quickly by moving very slowly and concentrating on the place where he wanted to go. With that in mind, I thought of the turbines on his body as a way of representing the master control over this technique.

Weapons: These are based on the basic set of a member of Ta-koro’s guard: a shield and a spear. The spear, is always on fire, keeping the previous idea. The shield, has two output nozzles, serving both to attack and to serve as a driving force when Kapura uses its shield as a board, direct inspiration from Tahu in ta-koro.

Inika built: I decided to build this Toa based on an inika set. The reason is that Kapura has the same origin as the other matoran /Toa Inika, the big difference is the way they became Toa. The 6 inikas were inside Toas Canisters and were hit by lightning, while Kapura received Toa power direct from Takanuva.

31 Likes

A bit simple, but I like the aesthetic. The flame decorations don’t work too well when up against red, but they look nice against black, and the silver is balanced well throughout the moc.

Nice work!

6 Likes

looks cool, i like the added flames!

6 Likes

Really nice! Love how you made the feet. That’s something I’ll have to try on my own MOCs someday.

3 Likes

This is pretty amazing! Kapura is one of my favorite characters and most interesting Matoran.

5 Likes

Kapura, The Slow of Movement… I’ll let myself out.

BTW, who modelled the Ruru? Sure the kanohi is practically useless, but it’s a nice kanohi, and so many mask makers have made their own version, all amazing in their own right.

4 Likes

Galva made it

4 Likes