Name: Koda
Titles: Brother, Toa
Species: Le-Matoran (Toa)
Element: Air
Kanohi: Miru, Great Mask of Levitation
Weapon: Arm-mounted blade
Home Island: Vaha Nui
Backstory: See here

So, while I was working on some new designs, I decided to finally build Koda’s Toa form. The legs may be rather simple, but I still like how he turned out.

Here’s a better picture of his mechanical arm (which looks like a bit of a mess, but that was the point, so I guess it works out then…).

And, finally, here’s a size comparison with Koda’s fellow Toa of Air (I have no idea if Kongu’s lower arms are correct, since I just used the same piece Hahli and Matoro used for their arms).

Trivia:
In-Universe: Toa Koda picked up Chutespeak from a Metru Nui Le-Matoran while he was on Stelt (much to the annoyance of Vaha Nui’s Chronicler).

Out-of-Universe: Koda’s name is a reference, but I want to see if anyone knows where I got the name (or if anyone actually remembers the movie…)

Well, that’s all for now, so thanks for viewing!

36 Likes

I was thinking of Rahm Koda from Star Wars but I might’ve misspelled

1 Like

This is the aesthetic that I think the toa ignika should have followed, this is much more similar to how I imagined toa kongu.

Well done!

1 Like

Nope, I haven’t ever heard of that character :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The only Kota I know knew is Kodez from the galleries :frowning:

Love the MOC, that arm is really neat.

1 Like

He’s from Force Unleashed. Highly recommend playing them btw

2 Likes

Pah, young whippersnappers and their video games.

2 Likes

Uh…

The Blue Dino Charge Power Ranger?
That can’t be right.

1 Like

Pretty solid build, looks pretty well-armoured.

1 Like

Well, you were right about the last part; that guess wasn’t correct :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh wait is it from brother bear?

3 Likes

DING DING DING, we have a winner! That is exactly where I got it from (I created Turaga Koda shortly after watching my old Brother Bear DVD).

4 Likes

First of all I love the saw arm. It’s a little messy but I definitely see where you were going with it. If you could find a way to clean up the design while still maintaining the grunge-y aesthetic, you’d have something awesome, IMO. Beyond that, I really dig the upper arm design, I’m fan of that Mahri shoulder piece (I think it was from the Mahri anyway) and the upper arm just has a nice flow to it.

I do think the Hordika foot on the chest gives the torso some strange shaping that I’m not totally sold on though. I’m not entirely sure how to describe it. And overall he seems to have a lot of clashing textures (nearly unavoidable when using G1 pieces). I’d recommend trying to work in some CCBS shells to help smooth out some of those textures if you can.

Overall, you’ve got a solid MOC, if a bit simple (nothing wrong with that). I look forward to seeing his growth and refinement!

1 Like

This is really cool! I especially like the Robot Arm with the sword! Reminds me of John Silver from Treasure Planet.

1 Like

The MOC is cool, but the description and backstory just brought me back to 2013 when everyone I knew was being creative like this.

1 Like

My Australian Shepherd is named Koda. My pet is a Toa now :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

That mechanical arm is pretty cool

2 Likes