Toa Mata/Nuva revamp by Huemus

These are my Toa Mata / Toa Nuva revamp, making them much more posable.

I made them taller than the original build, trying to fit with @toaskello’s In-Universe Height Spreadsheet, so they could stand next to post-2004 sets.

Instead of making a revamp for each Toa, my goal was to make a revamp of each piece, such as torso, legs, and arms. That way, each Toa maintains its unique look from the original sets. Only Onua and Pohatu have a different torso build, but Mata and Nuva are the same.

Tahu

Onua

Pohatu

Kopaka

I used Akaku mod from @CalamitousT

Gali

Lewa

And of course Takanuva

They can also be combined into Toa Kaita, but the construction is quite unstable. It was a fun experiment though.

Follow me on my Instagram @el_huemus for more photos.
Instructions for each part and other builds here.

23 Likes

Nice work, I’ve always been a little unsatisfied with the articulation of these sets.
I wonder if it would be possible to print the original limbs as 2 pieces for more articulation

1 Like

I’m pretty sure those models exist

1 Like

Well they do, I have no idea why but I never bothered looking it up. :confused:

1 Like

Do you have instructions for these?

1 Like

At the end of the post there is a link

2 Likes

Oh, thanks.

1 Like

I really like the idea to redesign each piece, something about these appeals to me more than a lot of other revamps.

And those modded Akakus are a thing of beauty!

2 Likes

Hey, sorry for kinda flooding your post with my replies, but I have hopefully one last question. When I downloaded all the instructions I saw every piece but the standard upper torso. Do you have those instructions, or did I miss something.

1 Like

Thanks! The OG Toa have a look that I tried to maintain. And your videos helped me to make the holes in the masks. The only difference is that I cut the stud connector to fit in the Great Akaku.

About the instructions @ChubChub86, check the Body Torso Trunk Gearbox, there it’s the upper torso.

1 Like