Toa Matoro "Nuva" Revamp (Metru-Style!)

blown away by the raw epicness as always

1 Like

Wow, this guy is very cool looking!

1 Like

Now thatā€™s something I donā€™t get everyday. Thanks man. Cinnamon rolls are the best.

Thanks for the in-depth comment. Dang, I donā€™t understand how I never caught the torso problem. Oh well. :stuck_out_tongue: Yeah, the Bohrok eyes arenā€™t ideal. Got any idea of other silver parts I could use?

You managed to shatter a TECHNIC/BIONICLE MOC? How? :stuck_out_tongue:

Indeed. #MortalKombat

Sorry, what makes sense for the ā€œ07 underwater apparatusā€? I donā€™t follow.

Good to see you back around the Boards man!

This is incredible. I never noticed how stubby the torso was until people started pointing it out. Which is bizarre, 'cuz Iā€™m normally hyper-critical of everything I build.

Iā€™d certainly hope so. :wink:

Thanks a ton everyone! :smiley:

cowers in shameā€¦

3 Likes

He was made out lime green 2007 Bionicle pieces, Itā€™s amazing he didnā€™t shatter sooner.

1 Like

Ohā€¦ that explains thingsā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure if I really like the silver

but other than that I love him

1 Like

Me neither. It works a lot better on my Ahkmou MOC. Iā€™ll try to order a second white Metru shoulder pad sometime soon to make Matoro into a more traditional Metru-build.

I just realized that Ahkmouā€™s left leg is askew in this pic. Thatā€™s gonna drive me up the wall from now onā€¦ :angry:

7 Likes

That is easy to take care of, go to a large open field, were there are no walls to drive up.

4 Likes

@legomaster1378 you should give this MOC one of those flagpoles that matoro uses in MNOG to mark where heā€™s traveled in the drifts. the red flag on a stick, if you know what im trying to refer to. you could attach it to the open hole where the gear is supposed to go. Once again, another great moc! personally i dont like sand blue, and thats my only real issue with the moc, but thats more of a personal preference thing, and you didnt have much of a choice but to make it sand blue, so im looking past my own pickyness. he definitely needs a red flag just to give him a neat little callback.

1 Like

Iā€™d say he needs more sand blue but there arenā€™t many parts in that color so heā€™s pretty much flawless!

1 Like

Man, the Metru build used to be absolute fave as a kid. Nice colours!

3 Likes

Really? I actually think that gave him that much more character in the picture!

With his mask being tilted slightly to the rightā€¦ Welā€¦ That may be a problem! :stuck_out_tongue:

How so? :stuck_out_tongue:

ā€¦ now I canā€™t unsee that. Grrrrrrrrā€¦

Thanks man! That means a lot coming from you. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I got to admit this looks great!
Really like what you did to the torso.

1 Like

I love the way he looks and I canā€™t wait to see the rest of the team

Thanks. Though itā€™s the same technique I used on my Toa Ahkmou MOC. Itā€™s simply a blend of the torso techniques used on Norik and Iruni.

Thanks! Though Iā€™m gonna have a really hard time building the rest of the Inika as Metru-builds. Unlike my Metru-toran Toa project, parts simply donā€™t exist in the colours Iā€™ll need for figures like Kongu and Hewkii.

3 Likes

Simply effective build that is undeniably the same character as Matoran Matoro. This is what I would of like to see in the Inika series. Great MOC!

1 Like

Thanks man! I dunno, I kinda like the Inikaā€™s aesthetic. I prefer to think of this guy as what Matoro would have looked like had his Toa transformation not been caused by a bolt of physics-defying lightning from a zombie-birthing ball of gas. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Excellent! I really like the use of the sand blue parts here, and itā€™s the first time I think Iā€™ve seen a revamp like this. Keep going! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks man! Honestly, I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever seen the sand-blue kaukau being used on a MOC before which is a shame itā€™s such a sweet piece. Iā€™m definitely gonna try to track down the parts I need for Jaller and Hahli. Kongu and Hewki are gonna be problematic thoughā€¦