Toa Naho

“Then everything went wrong. The Toa of Water managed to slip through the Dark Hunter lines and swim the ocean. At the first island she came to, she dragged herself to the Turaga and begged for help for Metru Nui.”
— Narrator, Legacy of Evil

Hi guys, I want to introduce you to my version of Toa Naho.

Officially, we only know her name and that it is a toa of the water that was responsible for bringing an army of toas to metru nui in the war between dark hunters and toa. and as reported in the tale of “The Empire”, she possesses an altruistic personality.

About the set, I chose a set of colors that, while being lighter than the tyuet (my reference is bukkey’s tuyet), was more tactical. Black, silver, light blue and dark blue.

For her weapon, I noticed that many in the bionicle community liked the idea that she had a bow, so I ended up joining to the idea. And yes, it is functional, it can bend when you pull the rope.

For the look of the set, I chose a more stealthy format. Even to be able to do justice to the mission she performed. The idea is to resemble a ninja archer in appearance.

For the mask, I wanted something that counteracted the strong expression of the tuyet mask, and at the same time was softer. I ended up choosing the @galva_nize_ 's direction mask. Perhaps in the future it will change to a Huna version.

In the end, I think I got what I wanted, a set of a water toa that contrasted tuyet’s set and that could represent a possible Toa Naho.

Here are some more pictures of my Toa Mangai project and some pictures of my Naho next to some of my toa

For those interested, follow her breakdown photos

30 Likes

aight
she looks good, colors and build are nice, but both her and the bow look kinda blocky

2 Likes

Toa NATO, my favorite Toa

Jokes aside, this is beautiful. I love the light blue/dark blue contrast; I did the same thing with my Naho (who I’ll have to post someday). My favorite part though has to be the bow. I love me a good Bionicle bow and this one doesn’t disappoint one bit.

2 Likes

Pretty nice Naho moc you’ve got here. Colors are good, and the bow is really well built! Torso is a bit blocky but otherwise this is a very neat moc. Nice job

2 Likes

I like this Naho. It’s refreshing to see her built without a Metru torso. I really like how you gave her an athletic build without making it it conflict with her personality.

3 Likes

Ooh, love how you worked all the tubing in. She really does stand out from Tuyet

3 Likes

Thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:! Can i ask you a question? You are not the first to use the expression “blocky”. It’s just that I’m not native to the English language :sweat_smile:. What does this expression mean?

Note: I’m asking merely to understand your comment better and try to understand others’ comments as well and try to improve my naho over time.

3 Likes

I am myself not a native speaker, but I think your MOC being blocky refers to the Torso having simple overal shape, only broken by the chestplate. It is complex in composition, but the parts come together to form a cuboid or a block. In case of the bow, I think it refers to it being composed of straight blocks(actually prisms) connected at too sharp angles. I do not mind torso at all, but I think the bow is somewhat angular at the very ends.

5 Likes

I see! thanks for the explanation and patience to do this :sweat_smile: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:! I will try to improve her in this point :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

I really like the assembly of the bow, I think that’s a really fun function that adds to the pose dynamic of the figure

2 Likes

Yeah @WaterGafna got it pretty close. Basically what I’m saying is that the upper torso seems too square, specifically around the blue technic connectors around the top of the bohrok shield. But it looks like they are needed to stabilize the arms so removing them might make the moc not hold together as well.

3 Likes

hi guys! i updated my naho and made another post, hope you like :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Toa Mangai Naho, The Water Arrow

4 Likes