Toa Norik's Original Armor

Hi again Mr. Farshtey
Recently I was rereading “No One Gets Left Behind” when this thought occured to me: What was Norik’s original armor color? We know he was given his Silver Armor and Kiril shaped Pehkui when he became part of the Toa Hagah, but did he have a similar set with a regular Pehkui?

2 Likes

I’m not Greg, so I can’t fully answer this, but, rather famously, Greg does not think in pictures. He also didn’t write “No One Gets Left Behind”, so there’s probably not an answer he can give you for this. Even if he did write it, he would not have considered Norik’s colors other than “red”.

6 Likes

Honestly I’d probably be ok with not getting an official answer, as the only thing it really impacts is MOCs or fan theories. Although now that I think about it it would also tell us if Rhotuka Launching Shields came in colors other than metallic ones.

2 Likes

He didn’t wear armor. He ran into battle buck-naked, which is specifically why Teridax hired him.

12 Likes

personally I just imagined the silver parts red instead

3 Likes

Pfffffft Now I’m just imagining an all grey Norik leading the charge while his team looks super confused

Hey if he still had a Kiril shaped Pehkui as well, you could use Dume’s for MOC

1 Like

hey that’s a good idea somebody should do that

2 Likes

I like the idea of Norik as a Toa being mostly black and red, moreso than Dume. In fact, I like all of the Hagah having unconventional, tertiary-heavy color schemes, like dark orange on Pouks, orange on Bomonga, teal on Iruini, black on Kualus, etc.

4 Likes

I present to you a concept of what that might look like:

Here you go!

4 Likes

If we’re doing this, here’s my take on pre-Hagah Norik:

4 Likes

That looks sick! The only thing that makes me a little iffy on the black is a lot of people use Primary Black and Secondary Red for Toa Dume.
I also think it fits Norik with him wielding a Magma Spear and all.

2 Likes

Yeah, but I’m personally not a big fan of that. I think Dume should be primary Mata red and secondary black. Turaga Dume did not have black as a primary color, only secondary.

2 Likes

Yeah the makes wayyy more sense than the primary black. Hopefully we get a second round of contests and finally not only get a Great Kiril design, but also the answer to what both Norik and Dume’s colors are by elimination of one design.

2 Likes

I chose to use the prototype Calix as the Great Kiril. There was a reason to, I think, but I’ve forgotten it. Here’s the rest of my pre-Hagah team:

I chose to believe that the Hagah were given reforged versions of their original masks when they became Hagah. Kualus gets the Makooti Mask of Rahi Control, Pouks gets the canon Mask of Emulation, Bomonga gets Perp’s Mask of Growth, Norik gets the prototype Calix, Iruini gets the canon Kualsi, and Gaaki gets the bootleg Mask of Clairvoyance.

7 Likes

Having the Toa Hagah all wear the same mask as before they were Hagah but in a different shape (besides Iruini) always made sense to me, as we know Toa like to stick with a certain mask. I love the fact Norik is using the Prototype Calix as it not only reminds me of Any Mans shrinking helmet, but also that Varian wears the Canon Calix design so it links them together. The other Hagah look great, with Bomonga and his mask being my 2nd favorite combo. Although I think the other Hagah would have probably wielded the same weapons and shield from when they weren’t Hagah.

3 Likes

It’s possible, but I’m not a fan of it. I’d rather see them have different tools before joining up, for the sake of making them more distinct and individual.

3 Likes

Yeah I can see what you mean. The none of the other Toa Teams (aside from Inika but there still was differences) used the same weapon as each other so it makes sense the spears were more of a ceremonial/appearance thing. Also if NOGLB were to be written now, Norik would possibly be using a different weapon entirely

1 Like

yeah that was basically what I was thinking. Nice!

1 Like

Almost certainly. I’d call it flat-out a mistake that he has the same tools, and that Varian carries a Rhotuka-launching shield too.

1 Like

Actually, it would be cool if she had a RLS and Norik didn’t. After she gets kidnapped, Norik wanted to honor her in some way, and convinced Terry to make RLS for all the Hagah.

5 Likes