Toa Orde in the Court

"A short fuse plus psionics leads to bad things … sometimes very bad things.”

I’m well ahead of the Fanon Contest this is meant for, but I wanted to put it out there anyway.

Unedited Render

This box art edit is for personal use and multimedia practice purposes only. I am not in any way affiliated with LEGO and/or its intellectual properties, but I freaking wish I could be one day.

Main inspiration was Rock from Soul Calibur IV, utilizing the buckled loincloth and morningstar accessories to convey the ancient profile of Orde as one of the oldest Toa in existence. Moreover, I carried over Rock’s silhouette of having bulky forearms and shins.

… but I opted to make Orde’s canon mace a single-handed one, inspired by Hawkman from DC.

Kanohi used is the Mask of Combat by Galva; as pointed out in a super well-thought out essay by @Bukkey , a Mask Power to compensate for the Psionic abilities’ lack of physicality would suit Orde. Hence, the Mask of Combat.

The addition of the small horns, both on the Mask like Loki lol and around his armor, was also a conscious decision, to encapsulate the royally aggressive complexion. A rather spiky silhouette is sure to anger a buncha reptiles. Also, that brown foot on the back is a backpack that can holster the mace. For fun.

If any of you recall my entry to the Helryx Canonization Contest, this design is similar to that of the one I entered, but modified a bit. I utilized the gold chains to represent Orde’s suppression of his short temper, reminding him of why he is the ‘last of his kind.’

Two fingered hands as a homage to the first Toa sets + consistent texturing around the armor.

If you’re wondering, those Diamond Tiles do come in Trans-Yellow.

Moreover, since Orde’s color scheme is very much… golden, yeah of course you need to recolor a few parts. IO file to follow, for Contest Requirements. It’ll probably start early 2023 soooo…

Cheers!

if you like my work, follow and like my work here too?
https://www.instagram.com/p/Ce3NN6HJKaj/

31 Likes

everyone’s favorite Ce-Toa who’s disorderly behavior led to all Psionics Toa being made female
I really like the shaping used here. What inspired you to make his Mace also an axe?

5 Likes

I really like this one.

2 Likes

recycling

Our golden boy Hawkman also wielded a one-handed axe at times, so I thought “why not step-up the idea of making another boring ol’ mace?”

Also, my habit of trying things that may or may not have been done before ¯_(ツ)_/¯

6 Likes

Ooh I really like this moc. The gold makes him look regal, and the inspiration utilized is cool.

1 Like

It’s nice to see someone give Orde a mask that actually fits his character

1 Like

honestly - i have said that bukkeys is my fav, but your coming pretty close dude! this just looks so cool - the more i look at it the more i like it !

2 Likes

@Synnova32 ,could i have instructions on marendar?

As far as I know the Marendar instructions will be released when the contest starts.

2 Likes

Dude, the contest won’t happen, remember?

the ducbricks contest dude

5 Likes

Oh.well then

THIS IS SO AWESOME!!! I LOVE HIM!!!

1 Like

probably one of my favourite ordes out there, really cool weapon btw!

1 Like

Precisely, but there won’t be an instructions document. The number of submodels I’d have to make for the torso alone are insanely tedious to keep track of.

I’ll be making the IO file publicly available for everyone to dissect on their own terms. Cheers!

@Rhyla416 Glad you feel so! :blue_heart: :yellow_heart:

If anyone’s gonna step up to the challenge of contending with one of the most iconic Orde designs in Bonkle Community history, I’d gladly throw my hat in the ring and give Bukkey a good show :wink: :ok_hand:

EDITED FOR DOUBLE POST -Spiderus Prime

3 Likes

I had no idea until today that those triangle pieces on the shoulder had lightsaber rods on them.

The moc looks great, love the touch of the backpack.

2 Likes

the brown on the back looks really odd.

Orde as a titan is a neat concept, though.

Brown foot piece on the back meant to literally and figuratively convey the backpack idea; being as old and troubled as he is, I’m pretty sure he’d have a lot of… baggage.

??? FOV, dude

5 Likes

out of interest - y do people always use nuparu mahri for scale?

Probably because he’s the tallest standard Toa set.

Not titan as in height, but Titan as in build.

3 Likes