Toa Varian, the Psionic Nightmare

“You called?”

- Varian’s literal first words

so yeah, Toa Varian. Stasis woman. Not much to say about this mischievous brat who loved pestering Norik. Made originally for the Canon Contests, then for fun, and now I guess for the Fanon Contests in the coming years. :duck:

Use this as the Entry Photo if the one above blinds you too much.

Proportions more akin to the traditional sets, but still realistically humanoid to a degree. Made those elbow blades small, like a Sceptile’s leaves, until at least he attacks with Leaf Blade.

I never really found it practical to have those blades be super large, like most builders would. Her main weapon after all –

… is the Rhotuka Shield. I opted for a custom round shield to 1) Be more original, and 2) pay homage to her Mask power, which essentially turns her into Captain America. :sparkles: The Rhotuka function still works, I believe. I don’t own any physical pieces at the moment, but I don’t see anything obstructing that, so enjoy!

Those elbow blades of hers can also extend forward like Sidorak’s, allowing for a second configuration. I also opted for two fingers and a mix of organic and mechanical textures to relay an ‘ancient’ and ‘regal’ sort of motif. See my Orde.

I’ve also included a mount on her back for the shield. :shield:

Mask is Galva’s take on the Calix

IO files to be added when the contest starts. :beers:

Looking forward to the next set of events hosted by DuckBricks!!
Can’t wait to enter my Johmak, YesterQuesters, and many more, because my Lariska is just the beginning :bread:

Support me and my work on Instagram?

https://www.instagram.com/p/ClJpzcXSdmY/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Cheers, lads.

29 Likes

Could you provide an image of the shield without a spinner on it? I can’t quite see how it comes together to know if the function would actually work.

2 Likes

voilà

4 Likes

The yellow peg that holds the spinner is not actually attached to anything, so unless you have a Technic beam or liftarm on top of it, it will easily fall out.

4 Likes

That torso build is sick!

2 Likes

How does the torso work? I’ve been trying to figure out how those Mata feet are attached.

That’s what it looked like, but I wasn’t sure; there’s no way the yellow spinner pin will stay in on its own.

Other than that, though, the rest of this build is really good. The smaller elbow blade look nice, and the fact that they can fold out is awesome. The silver fingertips also work really well for some reason, even though there’s no silver anywhere else in the figure itself.

3 Likes

That’s good to know; I had no idea that peg wasn’t actually attached to the Rhotuka box lol that’s a rather upsetting piece design

2 Likes

It kind of has to be that way so that the pin can spin freely.

2 Likes

like usual - i love this moc!
my only real issue is that the nuva chestplate does jut forward a bit then id like
(also i like them all together)

2 Likes

Ooh this moc looks awesome! Build is superb, love the armor style and the trans-neon green bits scattered throughout. The shield is pretty nicely done as well, I really like the translucent parts’ placement. Overall, a very good looking moc and very well done. Nice job.

1 Like

Those spikes on her chest kinda make it look like she has braids.