Toa Tehutti

This was originally going to be the Matoran Form of Tehutti but became a Toa Moc, lol. It is smaller than Toa I would normally make but I have to learn to not always overdo my builds, It is a compact equivalent of a metru build size wise.
custom: torso, head augmenting details, limbs (minus extremities), hammer.
I switched his disk to a black tohunga disk for colour consistency and yes his launcher is a Vahkii head from the archives (or Nidhiki…)
This is the first Toa moc I made with decent articulation, Ill make the rest of the team somewhere along this scale but will make Ehyre and MAYBE Ahkmou on stud.io

19 Likes

Interesting usage of rubber bands. Are they necessary for keeping the moc together, or they only for aesthetic purposes?

1 Like

christ those rubber bands

1 Like

The moc looks good, but the rubber bands make it look wierd.

1 Like

I do not like the rubber bands Also, the legs look kinda short, But this is a solid moc

2 Likes

You got enough rubber bands there?

@Atobe_Brick both, the quality of the g1 socket pieces and specialized pieces is not as good as most of the g2 parts, and the clip connections are weak in every moc, but I wanted to add these details. I have to keep in mind that though the fit of lego pieces should be more tight, little kids in general would have a hard time with it assembly and deconstruction.
@Nogus101 yes I agree, I just loved the legs too much to change them
@Cordax thx
@Racie02 LOL

It sounds like you already know what this MOC’s main flaw is then. Sometimes less is more, and in this case I’m pretty sure you could get away with using half the pieces you have done and get a more cohesive Tehutti MOC.

The bands are an interesting idea but not one that’s worked so well I feel. Please don’t leave them on for too long or you’re asking for a lot of broken bands.

Vahki head as a launcher is also interesting, though given this is meant to be Tehutti and not Nuparu it seems a bit odd to why he’d have it.

There are some excellent bits in there though. The 2015 head as part of the waist looks really interesting, and the slizer/darth vader feet match up really nicely with the shape of the beard on the mask.

3 Likes

This is what happens when you want to use forest green, but LEGO doesn’t give you many usable pieces in forest green.

It’s hard for me to really tell how his shape works with all the rubber bands on him, but he looks very static and square in a few places, especially with that hip design. The rubber bands that I normally associate with technic contraptions don’t really help with that.

2 Likes

so many rubber bands.

1 Like