Toa Tuyet the Traitorious (my version for cancelled contest/DuckBrick's Bionicle Fanon Community Contests)

A model I originally built for TTV’s cancelled Tuyet contest, and my personal head-canon version of the character.

With new Sword Design

With old Sword

As you can see, I attempted to make her resemble her “twin” Toa Lhikan, but also couldn’t resist the urge to buff her up, thanks to the Nui Stone. Based on what I’ve read about the Nui Stone, I picture it buffing Tuyet up into a more menacing figure she is now, pretty much acting like the One Ring laced with Bane’s Venom, making her stronger yet dependent on it.

With the Nui Stone, designed by KhingK, I viewed it as simultaneously draining her “light” power as well as injecting her with “dark” power, increasing her strength. That is shown by not only the main color of the model itself, which is black with silver and traces of blue, but especially in her Mask of Intangibility.

I had a number of choices for model for the Mask of Intangibility, but I chose Galva’s design as my overall preference, the one that looks the best upon Tuyet. She has the reversal of the Metru Nui Matoran of “silver on top and color below,” painted by yours truly. You will notice that half her mask is blackened on the very side that she holds the corrupting Nui Stone, signifying just how much of a negative effect it has on her.

Tuyet’s Barbed Broadsword is something I might of subconsciously took influence from Berserk, with their HUGE-ARSE swords. I was sort of going by the philosophy that drove Peter Jackson to enlarging the Witch King of Agmar’s Mace to the point it that the Witch King was swinging at Éowyn with a gigantic morning star. Here, it led to a combination of Kulta the Skull Grinder’s blades on top of Brutaka’s sword into hopefully a BRUTAL-LOOKING BEAST OF A SWORD. You can even see custom Bohrok eye pieces Courtney of Iron Foam Armory.

It also makes the battle between her and her former brother Toa Lhikan look more epic than it already is.

To see more of Toa Tuyet’s design as well as my extensive personal Bionicle Collection, please check out The Eastern Temple of the Bionicle on Instagram.

For DuckBrick’s Fanon Contest, here are the breakdown photos for Tuyet.

25 Likes

That sword is very bulky, i like it!

2 Likes

Looks pretty good. I like the reasoning behind the build and mask. Also that’s one beeeg sword.

1 Like

Well, we have very similar tastes in ridiculously oversized swords then.

This is a very nice MOC overall. I don’t know what exactly, but something about it just works really well. Maybe it’s the matching textures on the visorak leg pieces on the lower legs and the piraka upper leg armour on the upper arms, maybe it’s the colour distribution, maybe it’s the very well-painted mask… maybe everything at once…

6 Likes

I like the sliver and blue mask

2 Likes

Thats a weird looking sword and I’m all for it. It gives me Botar’s weapon vibe

1 Like