Toa Tuyet w.i.p

Since the contest won’t be here for a long time, I figured that I would work on a Tuyet moc while that’s going on.
The torso here is a placeholder but the mask was somewhat deliberate. I had envisioned the mask of intangibility as something transparent and nautical so Galva’s MoP reminded me of a cephalopod.

Here’s some concept art I made for her as some reference. Based on her description I imagined her as “soft” so I drew her with more weight than a traditional toa of water. Maybe give off some “Toriel/ Rose Quartz” vibes to matoran and “Ursula” vibes to Lhikan. The armor she wears on her shoulders and thighs are supposed to be the fenrahk head and the hordika rau.

Here are a bunch of mask concepts I made in case I wanted to design a new mask. I was not satisfied with any of them but maybe you guys might like it.

Share your thoughts

19 Likes

So … you drew oppositely of how you imagined her?

5 Likes

I worded it wrong sorry. I meant that as in “soft and approachable”. Thanks for the correction

4 Likes

i like how one of the masks is just a squid

3 Likes

Oh that? That’s just a cuttlefish I doodled so I wouldn’t have to go back and look at photos. It helps to have your reference right ahead of you so you don’t go back and forth from reference to drawing.

4 Likes

oh

but now i want a cuddlefish mask

@Galva_Nize get on it

1 Like

I’m getting some Jodariel vibes here (from Pyre)

2 Likes

Made another concept sketch. I took some inspiration from Ursula in her armor pattern. Fun fact: fan made masks are often hard to draw. That’s the main reason I made my own mask for the Artakha contest.

2 Likes

If you’re done building the moc, build a Ursula-like lower body.
Nice. She looks cool. Maybe change her eye color to a different color tho. If I’m correct the Nui stone made her eyes glow red, so I would think that her eyes aren’t normally red. And it would help in making her look nicer. And a Toa shouldn’t look too evil imho.

1 Like

Maybe it would help if I swapped out the gunmetal for something in the blue spectrum and made her eyes green like Lhinkan.

1 Like

Yes on the eyes but

Im ok with gunmetal Tuyet.
If you want you can replace both, but i would choose a non red color on the eyes. (Green like you said would work)

4 Likes

Yeah you’re right. I tried using purple but it removed the contrast I liked. The eyes are nice tho

2 Likes

Yes the eyes look better.

Wait… nice. Yeah I can see how purple would mess with the colors. It doesnt really fit with trans blue.

1 Like

I made the legs from the sketch. They’re ok but the back feels a bit hollow. I want to implement a gear function so I gave her a vahki torso as another placeholder. I then tried making her sword using only technic to reduce the number of custom parts but the sword only works in a custom color.

3 Likes

I built three torsos with minor differences in the hips. I don’t have any experience building custom torsos so these were experimental. I like the one in the middle the most but it has the issue as the rest in restricting leg articulation. Some parts may be distracting and that’s because I’m trying to build her as purist and cheap as possible.

4 Likes

yeah, the middle one is definitely the best.

4 Likes

Thanks, I have an idea on what to do for the femur but the hordika masks haven’t been added to stud.io yet. One things for sure, she’ll be larger than Lhikan.

2 Likes

yes, well, ursula was a bit larger.
anyone who’s been to disney world will attest to that

1 Like

Can you put the rakshi heads upside down somehow? wouldn’t restrict the moement then.

1 Like

Really late but I tried putting down upside-down and it didn’t really work. I used other technic pieces but they increased the but which I didn’t want. Sorry for the lack of pictures

2 Likes